[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a suicide letter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I need help writing my suicide letter. I am not 100% certain I will go through with it, but im writing my letter now for the possibility of me doing it tomorrow.

Is there someone that will talk with me? Help me articulate myself to lessen the blow for those I hold dear.

Just shut the fuck up if you're going to try to talk me out of this, please just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17014047

kek you found the strength to post on /adv/ but you lack the strength to not kill yourself lmao @ your life rite now
>>
>>17014057
youre an absolute moron. I just need help writing a fucking letter
>>
>>17014047
Dont do it. Or if you're going to do it, at least make it meaningful.

You could die alone for some poor soul to discover and clean up, or you could give your life for something meaningful.

Send a message to government or big business. Self immolate for world peace. Drown yourself in gasline for the environment.
>>
>>17014070
i still just need help writing a fucking letter that minimizes damage to my mother, my best friend, and my girlfriend.

and none of that shit would help in the slightest, no one would bat an eye. suicide is extremely looked down upon in society, and i'd be just another lunatic desperate for attention.
>>
>>17014047
Doesn't matter what you say. The people you care about will be devastated.

What you should do is make a living will, in case you fuck it up and end up as a vegetable.
>>
>>17014078
i know they will. but i just want them to be able to recover at some point. i dont want them to blame themselves, i want them to see what kind of shit situation im in to where i really dont feel i have another choice
>>
>>17014081
They're gonna be mad and hurt no matter what you say.
They'll likely "recover" in time, but they'll never be the same.
You're being selfish. People infect themselves with diseases that will cut their lives by decades to have the privledges you enjoy. If you're over 18 the world has already invested more than a million dollars into your existence.

Get mad at us for not condoning your selfcentered bullshit. NO ONE is happy okay? We all suck it up and deal and do our best to make it through this suffering. Why dont you try to help someone else instead of only thinking of yourself?
>>
>>
File: 1447659696634.jpg (149 KB, 470x665) Image search: [Google]
1447659696634.jpg
149 KB, 470x665
>>
File: 1441782085970s.jpg (10 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1441782085970s.jpg
10 KB, 187x250
>>
File: 1407667312073.jpg (225 KB, 1280x947) Image search: [Google]
1407667312073.jpg
225 KB, 1280x947
>>
>>17014092
im not mad at anyone, i just want help writing this letter. you're also making quite a few judgements about my life and how i conduct my day to day without knowing anything about me.
>>
Listen friend, I dont know who you are or what's going on. but I can almost guarantee you that nobody here can help you more than someone at the suicide hotline can.

It's +1 (800) 273-8255.

Please, call them. We love you bro, and we don't want anything to happen to you.
>>
>>17014047
>minimizes damage to my mother, my best friend, and my girlfriend.
Goddammit man, you have too many people who care about you to do it now. If you made it this far, you can at least tough it out a while longer, can't you?
>>17014081
>dont want them to blame themselves,
They will blame themselves.
>i want them to see what kind of shit situation im in to where i really dont feel i have another choice
They won't believe it. They'll think they should have guessed, that they should have known, that they should have helped you.

Anyways, for the letter, I'd suggest starting with a short apology, then moving into an explanation.
Describe the things in your life that have led you to this point (post em here too).
Then, describe the ways you tried to fix those problems yourself.
Then, if you're religious, talk about your relationship with your God, prayer, confessions, etc.
After that, talk about the psychiatric help you sought, the therapy you went through, and whether/how much it helped. Then discuss the different medications the psychiatrist tried, and whether any of them helped, as well as other treatments (like ECT), and what those did.

Note that if you can't write such a section because you haven't gotten professional help, forget the goddamn letter and go do it. Otherwise, what the hell are you gonna write? "I'm too lazy to go a doctor?" Your family, friends, and gf (!) will blame themselves forever in that case, because they'll think it's their fault they didn't notice you were sick and weren't able to force you to go see the people that fix these problems.
>>
>>17014047
Don't
>>
>>17014047
Its not your situation that's the problem, its your inability to react to it like an adult.

Have a think, don't let negative thoughts cloud your judgement.
>>
Write in all caps THIS IS IT! IM DOING IT YOU CANT STOP ME DAD. I HATE IT HERE.
then kick your wall and go play catch outside with the neighbor kid.
>>
Why the fuck do you even care about a letter if you're killing yourself? How is that going to influence anything for you after you're dead? And why would you want a bunch of strangers to help you write it? If you have something to say, just fucking say it, don't ask /adv/ what and how to say it.

You're an attention whore, fuck off.
>>
There is nothing you can write to even slightly ease the pain they're about to go through. If you care about them, you'll suffer through whatever situation you're in so that they won't need to feel that pain. I don't even care what your situation is, it's not as bad as what your loved ones will feel if you do this. Their pain will never go away, as long as they live. They may even follow you some day down the line.

tl;dr you're an asshole for even considering it. If you go through with it tomorrow anyway, at least make it look like an accident. For their sakes. Don't write a note, and take whatever shitty situation you're in to your grave.
>>
I've been suicidal OP.

You know what made stop and not go through with it? The idea that i'm not sure if there even is an afterlife or not. If there is no afterlife then you will forget everything you experienced in this life and cease to be aware of anything for eternity. That is horrifying.

OR, you will die and go to hell for an eternity. Dying this way is not how you are allowed to get into heaven at least i'm pretty sure. Imagine how it feels being too close to a campfire. You feel the heat searing into your skin and you want to back off really fast as soon as it gets too hot.

Well now imagine instead in that same situation the fire is 100x larger and you just get pushed into it. The fire overtakes your body and the pain is so intense on every inch of you that the only instinct that overtakes you is to scream your lungs out. And scream. And scream some more. The instinct to scream out in pain is so strong that you can't force yourself to do anything else but just keep screaming. And now imagine that while this is going on you realize that you will have to endure this for an eternity with no breaks.

I don't know if hell is real but that is enough to keep me from wanting to do it.

The thing is even if you don't kill yourself and live a normal life this will also happen if Christianity ends up being the legit religion. Provided heaven is real You do actually have to live by some strict commands of jesus to qualify for getting into heaven. I've been reading the bible and so far nothing seems to say it's just a easy to get into heaven as believing that christ is your lord and savior.
>>
>>17014047
If you can't even write your own suicide note, then you should an hero. Seriously, how fucking stupid and beta can you get?
>>
>>17014047
They say suicide is selfish, is it not selfish of you to keep me here if I am suffering ? Either way I hate all humanity including myself. We are a sickness a disease to the planet . we kill one anouther judge one another. We hurt others for we have been hurt this vicious cycle doesn't end well. It always end in death the sweet release from the suffering of existence so why wait and prolong the suffering? .....etc etc. i'd write somthing along those lines . I would probably kill myself if i didn't believe in God, but i can't help it. God is real. I really wish i could prove there is no afterlife. if it really is nothing that would be heaven comaperd to this. but apparently it a sin to suicide for God has a plan for us all. Jesus my life must be some kinda fucked up gambit . Hate it here i feel for you .....Just speak the truth!
>>
"Fuck it!

I'm out!"

Short sweet n to the point.
>>
>>17014047
I have a really cold response that I would love to give you in person but because I can't, I'll say 1 thing - live for a while longer, try and try to find happiness and you will find what you want from life sooner than you think. Trust me, I did.
>>
>>17016428
trust me, i didn't :^)
>>
>>17016482
You OP?

If not, you have taken a very productive powerful statement and turned it into something that a vulnerable person could literally take to his grave. You're immaturity could cost a life.
>>
did he die yet ?
>>
if not glad he made it this far.
>>
>>17016408
See god has a "Divine plan" for everything. It's existed since day 1 of his universe and leads to perfection in the future.

And you think you deserve something not in his "divine plan"? For god to mess up his divine plan all for you?
Kinda selfish...
>>
I never talked on 4chan, ok... here's the deal - i gone through suicidal state of mind, the only thing which can rescue you is: no matter how many neurons play stupid things in your mind right now - it will heal... and live with your suicidal thoughts if you need for some more time, okhay? Just keep wanting to kill yourself but don't do it... your brain will figure out how to live for you, every second, every minute, every next day will be better - it wont be a sudden sunshine and rainbows. This world, people... nothing deserves you to give your life... if you can't do it through love, do it through hatered, hate what hurts you, hate people playing normal when they hurt you, hate non receiving help, go, cry - all of this will tell your cells in the body, you need to heal yourself right now, and wait.
>>
>>17014064
retard
>>
>>17014064
Well write you're letter or don't write you're fucking letter you little fucking retard - why ask for help writing a letter when you are already so self-assured. No one cares whether you're alive or dead to be honest with you. I will live my life with or without you like the rest of the fucking world. You better appreciate you're mommy and daddy because their the only human beings on this planet that really care about YOU.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.