[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bipolar (I think) gf >Breaks up with me for no reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>Bipolar (I think) gf
>Breaks up with me for no reason
>Can barley function the whole day
>Apologizes, knowing i'm so hopelessly in love with her that I'll always take her back.
>It's just emotional abuse at this point.

She's done this twice in the last 6 months. Should I talk to her about receiving therapy or just walk away? I'm in constant fear that she''l hurt me again. She's pretty understanding and knows that this isn't okay, but still does it. Will therapy fix it or communication? Should I try to fix it? I love her and she supposedly loves me. I really want this to work and to help her, but I don't want to be a cuck and stick around for more abuse.
>>
>>17013668
Walk away. She doesn't love you, she is just using you as entertainment.
>>
Stay only if you think the abuse is worth it. Don't take her shit so seriously.
>>
Breaks up for no reason? No reason at all?

If that's the case, walk away.

What is the resolution for her to take you back? Not enough info man, it doesn't make sense.
>>
She is most certainly not using you for entertainment, she does love you I can assure you but her brain makes her feel like there are problems that don't exist. It's really up to you if this is the kind of relationship you want because it will definitely keep happening until she gets some therapy
>>
>>17013687
Today I took it much more seriously than I ever did before because I was convinced it was the end. She doesn't abuse me or do anything other than trying to pull away from me every once in a while. Its only been twice shes done this and everythings been good aside from those instances. I'm sure she is going thru some shit whenever she pulls away and doesn't do it just to hurt me or test me, but I told her that's no excuse. The good parts outweigh the bad, but I don't want to get hurt every 3 months or so.
>>
File: 0000.png (74 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
0000.png
74 KB, 256x256
>>17013723
and it really diminishes my trust in her every time she pulls shit like this. She has her issues and Ik she's not communicating well with me if this shit probably been in her head for days before she finally lets me know. Part of me wants to fix this because I still love her but part of me thinks it's best to just walk away.
[Pic related]
It feels like I'm living in anticipation
>>
>>17013743
If you really care about her, try talking with her directly and develop a deeper understanding of why these instances happen. Also communicate to her that your close to your limit, and she'll be more reluctant to do it again.
>>
>>17013758
This is the best advice so far, thanks. I've tried this before also. But do you think I should push far therapy? I kinda have the same idea as >>17013707 that it might keep happening unless she gets help.
>>
>>17013779
She might need professional help, but being more sensitive to her thought patterns can go a long way. It will certainly strengthen your relationship with her, thereby making it harder to throw away,
>>
>>17013687
>>17013758
>>17013791
All me btw.
>dated a manic depressive sociopath for 2 years.
>>
>>17013806
Oh how was that?
>>
>>17013826
>pros
+The best sex ever had by anyone ever.
+Genuinely fun and interesting person.
+Showed me what is actually important to me, and ultimately how to be happy.
+Very intelligent
+Deep intimate conversations

>Cons
-Emotionally distant to everyone but me, she was notoriously manipulative to everyone
-Extremely violent, I got a knife pulled on me once for telling her to "chill out"
-Did what you're talking about, she dumped me the day before my 19th birthday to prove a point
-Dangerous to herself as well as others (including me), we did a dangerous amount of drinking and drugs

Altogether some of the greatest memories I've ever shared with another human being.
>>
Update. I told her to communicate more and that I'm almost at the end of my rope.
>>
>>17013981
Good on you, man. Relationships are a team effort man, no good team operates well without adequate communication.
>>
>>17013707
This, bipolar isn't BPD, she doesn't mean to hurt you.

>>17013779
Also, if the medication isn't working very well (it sounds like it isnt), she should see her doctor and consider making some changes.
And yeah, therapy helps. If she isn't fully in control of her life, she needs it.
>>
>>17014205
People with BPD don't mean to hurt people either, just saying.
>>
>>17014468
I don't think she has bipolar desu. She was the one who brought up she might have it. I told her to get checked out cuz ik that something is up with her, but idk if its that.
>>
>>17013981
eehhh that could end badly, don't try to be on the attack. think of it like this: she doesn't want to do this to you or herself, it's a disease. you wouldnt get angry at someone with the flu for throwing up. Just let her know that you care about her and want her to be happy and that you're there for her. It takes a lot to go to therapy and everything that comes with it, she'll want to run away and stop everything but you need to be supportive. If you're up for it to stick with her until the end, you both can make each other very happy. good luck bud, i'm going through something similar and its tough but it will be so worth it
>>
>>17014205
and actually a lesser known sign of bipolar is not responding well to meds unfortunately
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.