[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started repeating the lyrics of a song over and over in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
365 KB, 500x275
I started repeating the lyrics of a song over and over in my head two days ago and it wont fucking stop unless I focus and calm myself or focus on other things. Looking in to it it seems to be OCD related, and intrusive thinking, but how do I know Im not just fucking crazy? Will I be 95 years old in some home somewhere repeating these lyrics? Im freaking the fuck out here since before a few days ago this never happened
>>
Bumping for good measure
>>
Cmon someone has to know how to help
>>
>>17013204
You need to listen to the entire song the whole way through. Your brain is looking for the finality of the song and unless your able to think of the entire song, beginning to end in your head, you won't be able to shake it. Go listen to that song, beginning to end. Give your brain the musical closure it's begging you for.
>>
>>17013347
I did multiple times. Hasnt worked
>>
Bump because this has been happening to me too
>>
Literally nothing? Damn
>>
>>17013204
So uh...what's the song?
>>
Maybe try singing it with another completely different instrumental/melody backing to like neutralize it in your brain. Maybe it'll realize "hey this isn't right"
>>
>>17013204
Does it bother you? Ive been that way for years and I do have a few other OCD symptoms but it doesnt bother me that often, only if its a shitty song. It changes every week. Current one is Dreams, by the Cranberries :)
>>
2 days is nothing dude, I had the same problem (bohemian rhapsody is such a fun song to sing) and that shit was a bitch when it comes to focusing, but it goes away. Trust
>>
I get songs stuck in my head all the time, often for days if I don't actively do anything about them. The trick to get them out is to actually listen to them, and listen all the way through. If you're like me, it's one section that keeps looping. By listening through it you bring the song to it's conclusion instead of just cycling through the same section over and over. You give it an ending, which lets it go away more easily.

Once you've listened to the song that's stuck in your head, listen to other stuff. Stuff you think is catchy or enjoy, something you'll really pay attention to. You can also listen for a long time, more is better. You may end up with a new song suck in your head (that's how it usually goes for me), but at least it's not the old one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.