[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am a father of a family that is well off. I have a house,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: bateman.jpg (17 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
17 KB, 400x289
So I am a father of a family that is well off. I have a house, provide food, and my wife doesn't even have to work. She raises our one child. I have to travel a lot because of business so it's hard for her to get a steady job since mine takes precedence.

Tonight she came home and told me about how rich her friend is and how they have a nice island in their kitchen, how nice their house was. She was in some sort of envious state.

Am I being a complete asshole for taking this in a bad light? I am quite fucking pissed. Here I am providing everything for my family and she comes home bragging about how much better some other dude provides for his family. I don't even want to talk to her right now. Is it insecurity or is she the one in the wrong?

I don't know if I am being the dick here or her.
>>
>marry a gold digger
>get mad when she starts digging
Bruh. Senpai.
>>
>>17013132
She's not really a gold digger. She does have jew blood and I can see it when I try to spend my own money and she gives me shit about it.

I have $50K in savings but god forbid I spend money on a video game.
>>
>>17013147
>So I am a father of a family that is well off
>I have $50K in savings
Are you a democrat or something?
>>
>>17013154
Staunch Republican. Maybe $50K isn't enough for you? I am mid 20's if that helps.
>>
>I have $50K in savings
my girlfriend and I have more than that and we're poor. no house, but still. that's not very much money
>>
>>17013157
Dude you provide you set terms if she doesn't comply leave.

Straight up divorce

Give her half your shit know or give her half your shit in your mid thrities

Now you have less you'll get more in your thirties
>>
>>17013162
Depends where you live. Where I am from $50K takes you a long way.
>>
>>17013162
Then you fucks are tards and aren't poor.
>>
>>17013162
I have maybe $4,000 in the bank account with bills coming up. That's poor. $50,000 is enough to buy a decent house in the US.
>>
People in this thread are straight up tripping.

$50k is a very decent sum to have in savings, even if it didn't buy you a home (mine in SoCal w $350k) it's still an excellent down payment, and enough to live off of for up to a year if shit goes bad.
Sounds like OP is doing just fine.

But women get like this, we nest. Everyone wants SOMETHING at some point unless they're a very good Buddhist.

Just be fucking honest.
>Babe, X's kitchen sounds really nice, but it makes me feel kind of inadequate, like if I was admiring someone else's tits. If you want a kitchen like that we can certainly tighten our belts and start saving, and maybe with our tax return next year we can....

But it's important to talk about how you feel, or that shit simmers under the surface until you hate each other. What she's feeling is natural, she just needs to be a little more tactful and appreciative for what she has. What you're feeling is natural, but you need to realize she probably really wasn't trying to injure your pride.

Unless she was, in which case she's a bitch and thinks making you feel bad will somehow make you richer and more inclined to shower her with quartz counters and stainless steel appliances, and you need to check her before she wrecks. Herself.
>>
>>17013202

good advice. she was just enthusing, you took it too personal. tell her you would like to be appreciated for providing her with the luxury of leisure.
>>
>>17013120
How much is your take home in a year?
>>
>>17013120
want it more need it less.

If this is actually an issue with her shes a cunt. Your wife is a shallow cunt.
>>
>>17013120
What you need is r/TheRedPill
>>
>>17013120
If she mentions it once, then it's part of the whole girl thing of comparing what friend #1 has and friend #2 has and what she has and doesn't have. It's all part of the gossip, and she probably doesn't have the filter to keep that between her friends.

If it's persistent, I'd reccommend using >>17013202 advice, since it'd help for her to hear that while she can enthuse about wanting new things, she should be considerate that it shouldn't demean the effort you provide for her and your home.

I feel like it's kind of a normal but kind of obliviously dickish thing girls to because it's a passive aggressive to ask for more, but there's hope that if she's a considerate person, she can understand where it's okay to look and envy here and there, but not at your expense.
>>
I want to stab you to death and play around with your blood
>>
>>17013120
It's not about the money. It's about the fulfillment she would get from doing something outside the home and of contributing to the family finances. (getting tht kitchen island would be special because she paid for it)

If she can't work full or even part time, there are spare-time jobs that won't interfere with child-raising. In some parts of the US it is common for wives to work one or two mornings a week for a real estate broker, showing homes.
>>
>>17013147
>She does have jew blood

Omygod! And you married her?
>>
I think you are just being a bit sensitive.
Its not like she was asking for a kitchen island or a new place.
I doubt she was taking a dig at you. She was just a little envious. everyone has times of envy.

You should worry when your wife comes home and says "tracy has this beautiful kitchen, lets get a new one too and rub it in her face"
>>
>>17013120
It's just something wives do mate. I don't even think there's any malice in it, it's just the way they take things in, a kind of "the grass is allways greener" thing.

There was a couple moved in to the house next door to ours last year. All my wife ever says about them is how nicley their house is decorated (they have that many different colours on the walls the house looks like an unsolved rubik's cube), how tall he is (for reference I'm a spit over 6'4", reckon he's under 6'5" but he has hair so it makes him look taller - inb4 I'm getting cucked by my neighbour) and how nice their car is (some crappy base model BMW 735 that's 3 years older than my Jag). Women place a high value on novelty, which is fine unless you plan on ever finishing your mortgage or retiring before your 125th birthday.

Anyhow, in your case it should be fairly easy to pacify her. Just give her some old chat about working hard to make her happy and how one day you'll be the CEO and build her a kitchen with three islands and a fish pond or some crap like that. It does dent your pride a bit when it happens, I know that first hand, but there's allways going to be someone better now matter how well you do. Just try to focus on your chievements instead of comparing yourself to other people.
>>
>>17013120
my mate is 27, married for 4 years and works away for 10 weeks at a time a few times a year. he provides his family a holiday and a modern house in a beach side suburb and rarely drinks and never takes drugs. A mate of his found pics of her getting banged by two brothers and showed him.
Turns out she was fucking them for meth and let them take photos one night. it had been going on for 2 years even while she was pregnant
>>
>>17013120
You're right to be angry, but the correct way to express your anger is by being equally passive aggressive.

"Oh you're right- that does sound nice! Well you know- if you want to go look for a job to earn some extra cash, I'd love to support you!"

Like never let yourself become the bad guy by yelling or cussing her out or whatever, just cut through her bullshit with reason.

if you were in a normal, mature adult relationship then you could just tell her how what she said made you feel, but it sounds like you're not at that level with her
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.