[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a very ridiculous position. I'm in the UK, 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1452522631224.jpg (37 KB, 558x237) Image search: [Google]
1452522631224.jpg
37 KB, 558x237
This is a very ridiculous position.
I'm in the UK, 2 years deep into a law degree that I hate. It wouldn't be so bad except I haven't done any work experience, and there's now nothing left. I don't know what to do with my life.
If I could do anything I want I would probably drop out and do a Drama degree, but idk how much I want to be in uni for 5+years while all my friends move on. I'm also unsure if i'm talented or just enthusiastic about the subject. Also student loans can fuck my life right up.
It's really my fault, but idk what to do. I know there are loads of ppl in worse positions than me, but aged 20 I just have no idea what to do with my life apart from drink beer, smoke cigarettes and listen to the Carpenters. I just feel sick to my stomach when I think about graduation, and it's my own stupid fault for being a lazy fucker.
yeah man.
>>
I feel you m8, I feel you...
>>
vote no to the eu

also quit uni and go into a trade, builder, electrician, carpenter, whatever. youll make more money and not drown in debt
>>
>>17012601
I have no skills in these departments.
>>
>>17012601
>go into a trade, builder, electrician, carpenter, whatever.
As a chippie with twenty-something years under my belt, I'd say that's probably not a good idea - this game really isn't what it used to be. I do allright, but I'm quite high up in a national company and go in to work in a shirt and tie most of the time, but we're taking new starts on the same day rate I was on in 1998 at the moment.
>>
1. life isnt about any of the stuff that you seem to be scared of - making it, being somebody etc. you don't actually need any of that, and studying really hard to have a really hard job so you can buy expensive stuff seems retarded?
2. the only thing to do with a 'fuck up' or negative experience, is not to do it again.

if you feel you're to lazy to do this shit then fuck it and just chill until you die & make beautiful art!
>>
Fucking, join a local theater group. Nigga pretend you are an actor except IRL and act thru life, this shit is easy, I pretended I was rei ayanami in high school and fukers bought it. If u like it, do it. If not, go be a fucking lawyer
>>
> If I could do anything I want I would probably drop out and do a Drama degree

This is probably what you should do. I was in a similar position and went with my gut and switched to study something more artistic and make a living doing it. You'll have to make sacrifices for sure, but that's basically required to be an artist. Would you rather spend the next 5 years studying something you love or be in the same position you're in now but with a degree you hate and more money spent on that? You'll still keep your friends, they won't just disappear and you'll make new friends in your program that are interested in the same thing as you. How much does it cost to go to school in the UK? And if you're not interested in making sacrifices then fuck off and stop complaining
>>
>>17012605
thats why you get an apprenticeship. you didnt have any law skills before you started your degree right?

>>17012642
true but thats no diff from every other industry really. im a software engineer and my starting rate in the late 90s would have been ~21, but its 16 nowadays. the point is you dont get into a 60k debt getting a mickey mouse degree
>>
>>17012704
where I am its on;y £4000 a year for tuition and I get £3000 for living allowances. A big part of my problem is my parents; they've supported me through this degree for the last 2 years in various ways, they've really been the best they could be so I feel like i'm letting them down big time.
>>
>>17012747
People switch programs all the time. It's a big deal, sure, but just be honest and tell them you made a big mistake and that you're really unhappy and that you want to follow your dreams. They might be upset at first but be persistent and I'm sure they'll come around
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.