[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the people who are or have ever been unemployed: Did you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 185x273
To the people who are or have ever been unemployed: Did you ever have to deal with friends and family who assume you're a favor dispenser because you're home most of the time? I wanna know if it's just me experiencing this or what.
>>
>>17012433
oh god I can relate to this. no it's not just you. this is common as fuck. my mom got this when she retired, I got it when I was unemployed and again now that I'm disabled. my brother started his "could you do this for me" shit back up, and I'm having to re-learn how to politely say no.

the flipside of it is people who don't have jobs calling up people who do have jobs and asking them to do shit. somehow they figure that because they have a shit ton of free time, everybody does. my brother used to do this too.

I just politely but firmly make it clear that I do in fact have plans. if you're looking for a job, tell them you have made job hunting your full-time pursuit, and that you don't have the time or gas money to run them all over town. (however, if it were me I would consider doing an occasional favour IF they pay for gas AND they let you know in advance - none of this last minute shit. but that is your call)

if you're not looking for work, then just say you have other plans. if you're out of work due to disability, tell them your condition is flaring up or whatever and you need to rest.
>>
If you're staying at someone else's place rent free, then it's the least you could do, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>17012433
Yeah, I've been unemployed for the past year, and my family looks down on it and make passive aggressive remarks whenever I go home to visit them. They figure I've got nothing going on, so I'm automatically available to do whatever.

It's not like I've been a lifelong NEET or haven't been looking for any jobs. I have a degree so at least I guess I have that going for me...

I'm married and my husband pays all the bills right now. But I think it's only fair to help out with shit, though. I cook and keep the apartment clean, run errands, etc.
>>
Unemployed strong guy with pickup truck here. I willingly took some time off, due to working too hard for the last few years and not getting anywhere, was looking forward to a winter break of workouts, gaming, and watching movies (dumped my annoying gf before EI kicked in lol)
I get calls and texts constantly. At first I tried to help out, but people are ridiculous, they want me to like, drive, pickup a fridge and stove, then deliver. Never any mention of money, let alone gas money.
These days I rarely answer my phone, and for the texts i write in broken english that i dropped my phone and texting is hard, because it doesn't work properly.
>>
>>17012503
this

i hate unemployed ppl
>>
>>17012433

>OP is neet and mad his mom asked him to empty the dishwasher while he was playing vidya
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.