[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing as I'm turning 21 soon, my father said he would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 745x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 745x745
Seeing as I'm turning 21 soon, my father said he would like to buy me something that would be a keepsake. Something that I would be able to pass down to my children. He keeps going on about how he received a ring which he still wears to this day. The problem is that I don't wear jewellery and nor would I want anything that is purely decorative. At the end of the day I simply don't see 21 as being that important anyway.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have any ideas for something that has some kind of function but will keep him happy in regards to having something to pass along to my children?
>>
A custom knife. Functional, can be engraved, suitable for handing down the generations.
>>
>>17012326

Suck his dick. Give you a legit reason to make all your kids suck your dick.
>>
>>17012326
Classic heirlooms - a neckpiece, ring, watch, knife.
Get a nice watch, preferably mechanical. Will last longer if properly used and maintained.
>>
>>17012326
Ask him if he would go fight in a war and bring you back the weapon of an enemy he killed. Ideally killing a Nazi and bringing back a luger, please.
>>
>>17012326
Ask for noodz of your mum from when she was young and bangable.
>>
ask him for the pocket watch he kept in his asshole
>>
>>17012347
If he didn't, ask him to get a watch and hang onto it for a few years somewhere the gooks will never look.
>>
>>17012326
Ask for a Luger. Or a cast iron skillet. Or a candelabra
>>
>>17012352
pretty sure op's dad was in elementary school the last time we fought gooks, but it's a nice sentiment all the same. emily post would be proud.
>>
>>17012326

thats really weird. like really weird. why isnt he passing his keepsake down to you?

>>17012331

this idea is kind of cool. doesnt have to be something you wear after all. my father had a collection of 3 knives, each one printed with the design of a different animal (fish, deer, duck, traditional oregon hunting/fishing type things) and he had three sons, so we each got one. i carry the fish pocketknife with me every day, but my brothers just use their decoratively. i live in los angeles, so i feel safer with a blade.
>>
>>17012388
He is, the ring I mentioned is one of them for example. But he feels as though I need to add to the pile so to speak.
>>
Explain that you aren't all that into jewelry/physical stuff, and maybe something like a healthy habit, yearly fishing trip/camping, or special get together would be better.

Make your own bonding holiday just for your family.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.