[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so that means never right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 750x563
so that means never right?
>>
>>17012299
no, it means he has no preference for day of the week. guys are literal usually.
>>
>>17012303
he should be the one to suggest a day since he cancelled though, right?
>>
>>17012307
I missed the chapter in the "rules of texting" book that says that
>>
>>17012307
Throw another text
"I'm free ___ days after ___ o clock" a big enough window that he can pick a day and time if you really wanna date him. There could be a million reasons for canceling so don't try to read into it. I've canceled on shit just because a zit came up.
>>
>>17012328
>>17012333
i guess for context i should say i've initiated most of our interactions including setting up this date so it's hard to tell if this guy is actually into me or not, and i don't wanna come off desperate but i also don't wanna scare him away if it was a legit reason
>>
>>17012340
Yeah I feel that. I'd say something like >>17012333, and also ask him what his schedule is like.
I don't think you'll come off as desperate if you pick a day either, he's left that door open. Hell, I'd actually even skip asking when you're both free and just pick a day and time that you think works.

Also is this a first date? Curious about the context
>>
>>17012379
yeah it's a first date, basically i messaged him on okcupid because i really liked his profile but he sent a lot of short responses and didn't contribute much to the conversation. i figured maybe he's just not into talking online so i just asked him out and he said yes but didn't give a concrete date. the next day he asked for my number, the day after that he texted me and we talked a little bit, better conversation but he pulled the whole netflix and chill thing and i insisted on a date. we agreed to meet tonight and he canceled

so i have no idea what to think

i told him i'm free sunday and the ball's in his court, no response but i'm assuming he's working and that's why he had to cancel? he mentioned working nights before but i don't wanna ask why he canceled, not really my business i guess
>>
>>17012405
I guess to be completely honest he doesn't sound SUPER into it, but you can't really be sure until you actually have a date. That's when you see if there's really an attraction or not I think. He also could just be kinda quiet like that. Might be really stressed with work/other factors, etc so he's not too focused on conversations with someone he barely knows.
And he said yes to begin with, and he asked for your number, so there's a spark in there somewhere. I think that makes it worth a shot.

Although if he's actually using "Netflix and chill" for a first date idea then I have my doubts about his character.

Worst case scenario, he found someone he thought was more promising that night, but still wants to keep you on the table. Might be pretty desperate himself.

Overall I'm not sure if I'd put a lot of faith in this guy, but still give it a go. Could be worth it.
>>
>>17012340
You'll come off as desperate if you feel desperate no matter what you say. If you feel desperate deal with those feelings first.
>>
>>17012299
You're overthinking it.
He's literally letting you decide the day and time unless he's busy. Make a suggestion of the day and time.
>>
>>17012809
Don't do this, OP. If someone says they need a raincheck, and don't offer another time or place, they aren't that interested. You could MAYBE drag a date out of this dude, but is it worth it to your self-esteem to do that and still get shit on? Or worse, actually get into a relationship with someone who doesn't really care about you? Just move on. If he's interested, he'll reach out to you.
>>
>>17012840
My wife's son agrees with this Pegasus
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.