[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does pure and uncoditional love exists or is it just an utopistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1267506512178.jpg (32 KB, 387x505) Image search: [Google]
1267506512178.jpg
32 KB, 387x505
Does pure and uncoditional love exists or is it just an utopistic thought?
>>
Yes, my wife loves the fuck out of me an I don't provide anything to her besides my affection
>>
>>17012113
Unfortunately no.
>>
>>17012113
Pic is related, if a dog can love you unconditionally i'm sure a human can manage it too.
>>
>>17012113
>Does pure and uncoditional love exists or is it just an utopistic thought?
That depends on some definitions of terms. Please tell us more about pure and unconditional love
>>
Everything physical has limits and people and brains are physical.
That said, sometimes brains and time work on your side of a relationship.
However, be wary of anyone that makes use of inductive fallacies.
>So far, therefore...
>>
>>17012113
Unconditional love would be a horror show, to be literally unconditional it would have to not matter what the loved one was like or ever became like e.g. you have the capacity to love anyone the exact same way, including serial killers, dolphins, your own kids, corpses, fat girls etc. Nobody actually wants this. What they want when they talk about this is to be allowed to do whatever they want without any consequences, e.g. a teenagey attitude of pure egotism. They have no intention of loving unconditionally themselves, they just want a doormat and this is an unwholesome, enfeebling state.

Depending on your understanding of purity though love can be pure.
>>
Yes and no.
It's circumstantial.
>>
>Pure love?
Yeah but I'm sure its really rare?
>Unconditional love?
kek
>>
>>17012113
Not between humans. Sadly, we are not made to pursuit other's well being. The closest you can get is to have a relationship with someone, work on it and take care of it. But still, takes effort and nothing can guarantee you that it will last.

I know it sounds fedora as fuck but people just use others to reach their own goals.
>>
No love is absolutely unconditional. That would actually be a very bad thing. It's not good and not healthy to love someone even if they treat you like absolute shit, and sooner or later you will realize that and be sick of it.

There is legitimate love, though, and selflessness. Altruism and cooperation are natural things. Some people are gonna be more selfless than others but everyone has the capability of being altruistic.

Real love is friendship and trust and communication and supporting each other and having fun together and making it work when things are hard because it's worth it to the both of you.

This kind of love really does exist. It can be hard to find sometimes. Attraction is a funny thing and there's a lot of mismatching out there. But when you find it, the search will have been worth it.
>>
>>17013633
is it the one where they cut skin off your penis?
>>
>>17012229
You have to feed it dumbass.

>>17012142
You provide her a shelter and a dick.
>>
>>17012113
Do Waifus count?
>>
>>17014309
no, /a/. they do not.
>>
>>17014324
Does Jesus count?
>>
>>17012113
Wait until you're a parent and you'll see what unconditional love feels like.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.