[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is putting a little super glue over a small but deep cut a bad idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1456354951734.jpg (288 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1456354951734.jpg
288 KB, 1280x960
Is putting a little super glue over a small but deep cut a bad idea?
>>
Antiseptic + bandage = good to go I'm sure.
>>
>>17011981
How deep?

Was it clean?

You don't want to go sealing dirt up in a deep cut, but other than that it should be fine, especially if it's not your long-term plan. That's the original design function of superglue.
>>
I think they used to do that with wounds in world war II but I really wouldn't want to put chemicals into my body like that unless necessary.
>>
>>17012055
This is what superglue was invented for. But if you don't want a scar stitches are the way to go. Rule of thumb for stitches is if you move your skin and the tissue visible within the cut doesn't move, you need stitches.
>>
>>17011981
If it's bad enough that you are considering using superglue, then you need to see a doctor immediately. However, superglue will hold you over until then.
>>
>>17011981
It apparently stings pretty badly if you do that. We routinely use vet-quality super glue to seal wounds in animals after suturing so they don't pick at them, and in our protocol we are restricted to how much glue we can apply because it also irritates the skin.

You probably don't need to seal the wound as others have said, just keep it clean and it will heal on its own. If it is still bleeding a lot see a doctor.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.