[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stop acting so weird around people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14 KB, 250x250
I'm a fairly average/low attractive female. I act pretty strange around people and I think I only get away with it because of my gender and appearance.

By weird, I guess just staring at people, hardcore spacing out, not knowing how to have basic small talk, and being just pretty jumpy.

Last night at work people kept asking me if I was okay, just because I was quiet. And one co-worker kept giving me funny looks. I actually was working hard on being responsive.

How can I fix this? I don't take medication, never been diagnosed with anything, and I've been forced into social situations my whole life. It's embarrassing and I want to die sometimes.
>>
Don't worry so much what other people think, just be your comfortable self. Especially at work, just focus on doing your job, and don't be distracted by what other people might be thinking.
>>
>>17010880
I don't see your problem. You're female so of course people will socialize with you anyway and forgive any odd behavior.
>>
>>17010894
True. I am working on disregarding silly looks, though I appreciate their concern.

>>17010896
I don't want them to have to forgive any odd behavior. I want to be able to talk and be less nervous.
>>
Is there a possibility that you are a stressed or anxious person? Stress and anxiety can cause difficulties to focus on social situations.
>>
>>17010917
I feel like nowadays everyone has anxiety, but I am a pretty jumpy person and shut down pretty easy when it comes to uninvited, not planned contact.
>>
>I don't want them to have to forgive any odd behavior.

We're all human, we're all odd, we all have mood swings, we all forgive, we all beg forgiveness.
>>
>>17010880
Sounds like a bit of eccentricity or schizoid inclinations, in psychological terms. Don't worry about it, you sound relatively normal and well-adjusted, no risk of any severe problems from this.

And you're right: if you were male, there's a solid chance that you wouldn't be normal right now, and you'd be asking how to connect CPAP tubing to a helium tank. So be grateful for the people that force you into social situations and ask you whether you're ok, and don't even think about pushing them away.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.