[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a pretty kinky guy, and a furry at that. sometimes I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1459973686935.jpg (1 MB, 1223x1764) Image search: [Google]
1459973686935.jpg
1 MB, 1223x1764
I'm a pretty kinky guy, and a furry at that. sometimes I really resent it. Most people I know from those scenes don't seem to relate to this resentment at all; they feel like since what they're into doesn't harm anyone, they have no reason to abstain. I've heard of sociological theories that purport that living in a way contrary to the norm makes you depressed. Maybe there's some truth to that. I wonder if I should behave in a more "normal" way, then, even if it's not how I feel I am or what I want to do.

In short, is "degeneracy" a real thing, and should it be avoided?

Or broader, should you be who you are or who you wish you were?
>>
Degeneracy is restrain and is made up. Be yourself and don't be afraid.
>>
bump again
>>
Let your freak flag fly desu.
It might be challenging to find people to assist you with that, but they are certainly out there, and in surprisingly great numbers.
>>
>>17010602
>I've heard of sociological theories that purport that living in a way contrary to the norm makes you depressed. Maybe there's some truth to that.

>most humans are social creatures
>living in a way that goes against the 'norm' means that you will have less people to connect to
>and therefore can cause depression
>if you're not willing to accept that possibility, don't be weird
>if you don't give a fuck, don't give a fuck
>but if you can't handle being more alone than the average guy, maybe you should stop being a furry
>>
>>17012624
Maybe that's not the mechanism. I feel like I have enough people in my life that support me. It's just that I feel like the world is against me, I'm gross, a slob, scum. It doesn't seem to go beyond that.
>>
File: 1371795534803s.jpg (4 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1371795534803s.jpg
4 KB, 124x120
>>17010602
>>
>>17012706
it's the literal same thread, I bumped it after I woke up. no complaining on such a slow board
>>
It comes down to whether you're happy being that person or not. If you're proud to be a furry, then let your flag fly, and please don't post in sfw threads. If you enjoy being a furry but don't want to be judged, then just keep it to yourself and enjoy it in your own private time. But if you hate yourself for liking this kind of stuff, then you'll either have to work towards accepting it as a part of who you are, or work even harder to abstain from that kind of content. Eventually, even if you have the preference, you'll be able to confidently say that you're not interested in consuming that content, and that it's not a part of who you are today.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.