[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/, I have been homeschooled my entire life and will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1457610490501.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1457610490501.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
Hello /adv/,

I have been homeschooled my entire life and will be graduating in about one month from now. After that, I need to start pulling my shit together and start researching on what I want to do with my life. What is some general advice you can offer to someone who lived a somewhat sheltered life whose about to step foot in the real world?
>>
my advice is to join the military, that'll pop that bubble real quick by forcing you out of your comfort zone and make you become a part of a unit with all types of people you never would have encountered otherwise
>>
Failures are the only way you'll learn. Don't sweat it. Always act like you have no money because trust me, it disappears quick.
>>
>>17010055
>>17010061
Thank you, anons. Quick question: general opinions on college?
>>
>>17010047

What do you fantasize about doing OP?
>>
>>17010342
I'm a relatively simple person. I'm thinking about going to college for software engineering, working my way up to a decent paying job, then finding a good friend to travel with while developing my hobbies on my downtime.
>>
>>17010047
major in gender studies, don't believe the memes we win 500k easily you won't regret
>>
>>17010047
>whose

You didn't get homeschooled well enough on grammar and spelling. Graduation revoked.
>>
>>17010357
Yeah, sorry, honest slip up there.

*who's
>>
>>17010354
That sounds like a realistic plan. Research on good programs is something that takes time but I recommend talking to graduates of potential programs to get a better idea of whats out there.

Just a point, I've heard things about programs in software engineering vs com sci. I don't have any advice about one vs the other but just make sure that you have a clear idea of what the program entails.
>>
>>17010384
Thanks for the advice, anon.

Yeah, no worries about that second point. I know to throughly research each program first before making a decision on what to major.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.