[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to do with this money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: whatdofrog.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
whatdofrog.png
23 KB, 489x423
I have accumulated $50,000 in savings at age 30 after painstaking grind of being socially retarded, introverted loner working 9 to 5 jobs with minimal human interaction and very little sex. I don't know what I should do or what can even be accomplished with this money. Shoot me some ideas.
>>
Give me 5k so I can get out of debt.
>>
>>17009988
this.

That's all i need.
>>
>>17009984

Invest it conservatively. You could have a decent nest egg in 30 years if you do this consistently.
>>
>>17009984
Buy your own house?
>>
What do you do for work?
>>
buy some property, 50k is a decent down payment on a house. Real Estate is about the best investment you can make.
>>
>>17009984
have you saved at all for retirement or is this the total sum of your wealth?
>>
high class hooekers
>>
>>17009994
>>17010041
>>17010044
>>17009997

How should I enjoy my life in the meantime though? Just more grind? I guess normies have fun while they're grinding to ease the pain. I don't know how to do that. I feel like I should be rewarded with something for getting this far being the way I am eventhough I know in the grand scheme of things I haven't really done shit, it's just my own brain that made my life so miserable up to this point. I really can't envision myself being old because I am barely holding it together now WITH my health and youth which is rapidly fading away so I can't imagine how I will handle things mentally when I have neither of that.

>>17010023
I'm an artist working in game companies

>>17010044
that's it, plus whatever I inherit from my parents
>>
>>17009984
Give it all to me or save it/invest it so it grows.
>>
>become mexican citizen
>buy property in mexico
>commute to and work in california
>continue your life the way it was but with a piece of land and elevated status
>maybe even a slutty golddigging latina wife
>>
>>17009997
where the fuck do you live that you can buy a house for 50k? haiti?
>>
id invest most of it and use the rest to go on an all out, boss ass vacation. see if you get inspired by some random shit in Portugal or whatever
>>
>>17010123
many places in rural america such as montana, wyoming, oklahoma
>>
>>17010087
what company?

I used to work for EA up in montreal
>>
>>17010123
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortgage_loan
>>
>>17010123
Houses in midwest america are dirt cheap, anon.
Same with rent.

>rent very nice townhouse for 1k a month on east coast
>is low for area
>visit Indiana and staying with someone paying 400 a month in rent for a decent house with more room than what I have
>>
>>17010123
You'll laugh. I live in Munich. A simple run downbhouse around here, without garden costs easily a million euro bucks.
I thought american wooden toy-houses didn't cost that much? But he could always take some extra credit couldn't he.
>>
>>17010087
>that's it, plus whatever I inherit from my parents
Invest in your retirement
>>
>>17009984
1. Put six months of salary in a nice safe bank account. You never know when you might need it.
2. Put 2/3 of what's left in a no-load index-linked mutual fund (If you don't know what those terms mean, look them up). Check out the websites of the larger mutual fund companies like Vanguard and Fidelity. (You're investing in the stock market, which is not guaranteed like a bank, but is almost certain to go up over the long run.)
3. Spend what's left on a luxury gift for yourself.
>>
>>17009984
invest
start a business
buy a house and rent it out
binge on hard drugs and prostitutes
>>
>>17010123

50k is the down payment duh, for a 100k mortgage, for a condo maybe, sounds like he has good credit, but i have been screwed buying condos so not sure i would recommend it, maybe look for foreclosed fixer and fix it yourself to resell, and double your money, leverage your spare time
>>
>>17009984

oldfag here, i am twice your age but same lifestyle, just lost 50k last month on buying stock of a company that went bankrupt, was 20 percent of my savings, makes me sick to think about it
>>
>>17010087

normie here, when i was your age i was stuck in a bad marriage with kids, divorce cost 50k then child support for 10 years, so yeah think grind squared.
>>
Go and travel senpai

Live it up, why are you still here? Fuck that man go see the world
>>
>>17010518
This
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.