[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't fool myself into living anymore. I've known
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
I can't fool myself into living anymore. I've known for a while that everything is subjective and there's no real meaning to things unless you create it or are told it and accept it. I've stripped away meaning from absolutely everything and have zero reasons to live. I'm just waiting until I die at this point. Is there anything I should even do, or should I just kill myself, if so, what are the best methods?
>>
>>17009725
Why don't you just create a meaning to live and be happy, or accept one you are told? I mean, dying is feeling nothing, its ceasing to exist, but

the feeling of happiness > not existing > suffering

So, if you can go back to feeling happy, that'd be much better than an hero.
>>
Maybe there are no "true" truths, but there are human truths, and you can't escape those. Get some dopamine in that brain and turn that nihilism into absurdism.
>>
>>17009792
I've tried to create meaning in life, but it all goes eventually and comes back to me feeling meaningless, then makes me feel like I'm suffering, living for no reason, all to create a fake meaning again in hopes of living a little longer, I'm sick of it, I don't see a point in living any longer just to repeat the cycle.
>>17009802
Can you explain absurdism more? Also about the dopamine, apparently my dopamine is too high, told by a professional as of yesterday, he also told me it was too low a few weeks ago. And another professional said my seratonin was too low and dopamine too low/high. So really, I don't know what's going on up there. And idk about fucking with Abilify, which is what I was recommended to take.
>>
This is maybe the most asinine and "up my own ass" thread I think I've read on /adv/ all year.
>>
can't you find happiness in things in life like a cup of coffee or just chatting with someone or eating a good meal?
>>
File: DKJhx9l.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
DKJhx9l.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>
>>
File: 1420238919325.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1420238919325.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1200
>>17009725
But don't you see anon, if nothing means anything than anything can mean something. Arbitrarily set some values and goals and zealously pursue them.
>>
>>17010172
>>17010232
Fuck you
>>17010300
No point
>>17010235
Half decent post
>>17010206
No, I can't
>>
Why did they recommend you an antipsychotic? You just seem depressed or sort of schizoid
>>
Why kill yourself over lack of meaning if you've accepted there is no meaning? You can't find a "real" meaning because meanings are created, and you're looking for an inherent one. Things aren't meaningless, meaning just... has a different meaning than you wanted it to.

Anyway think about the alternative, would you be happier if things weren't subjective? There was a clear right and wrong for everything? One real meaning for being here and no ability to question it?
>>
Self-pity is poisoning your mind. Get a gun and shoot yourself or jump from a tall building or order an exit bag. You're not going to do it because in a twisted way you enjoy feeling this way.
>>
File: pc5dnkycB.jpg (20 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
pc5dnkycB.jpg
20 KB, 693x693
>>17010759
Way to be a reasonable, rationally thinking human. You're clearly a level of consciousness above the rest of us, and not just a depressed egomaniac.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 819x1024
Might as well pack your bags and a couple methods of suicide and go travel. Even if it's not out of enjoyment, you'll see some shit and find ways to pass the time.
If you're going to wandering around in your thoughts, why confine yourself to a single place? Get moving around, change your environment.
>>
In the same boat OP, living is shitty but I refuse to waste my own life. It always disturb me how little appreciation people have for human life, loosing a little brother will make you realize. I want to die but refuse to take my own life and try not to ruin others and maybe even improve other peoples life.

Also, chase shallow pleasures, those short moments of happiness sre great and you don't think about suicide when you got your lips wrapped around a tit.
>>
>>17011078
not op but what if I want to create meaning but everything fucks up everytime? I start thinking like "what can go wrong when I do this"
>>
>>17009725
babbys first existential crisis?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.