[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I give up hope on the idea of dating my friend? So basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 32882789_041_b.jpg (113 KB, 975x1463) Image search: [Google]
32882789_041_b.jpg
113 KB, 975x1463
Should I give up hope on the idea of dating my friend?

So basically my good female friend and I have been hooking up over the last year and a half randomly. She liked me a few years back but I never caught onto it, but I've always had feelings for her.

About a month ago she brought up the idea of us dating which I was 100% down for. However a few days later she called it off because "she didn't want to ruin what we had going."

But I just feel weird about the whole thing, cause I would honestly date her. Her and I went to a concert last night and she was all over me (wanting to hold my hand during the concert, etc) and we hooked up afterwards. And doing the process of hooking up she told me "I don't know what to label us anymore."

????????

Hopefully this makes sense
>>
>>17009541
She has poor personal boundaries. Just continue to strengthen yours and don't feel responsible for her feelings. If you want a good talk would help you guys sort out what you are but she's probably too much of a mess to be able to articulate anything. If anything talking would at least help you to establish your boundaries with her.
>>
She sounds lonely but at least comfortable with you. I felt the same thing with someone, though mostly internalised it since he didn't talk about it much either. However it was awkward when either of us saw someone we knew and we knew we had to explain why we were holding hands or whatever. Because everyone will automatically assume we're an established couple. Since we weren't confirmed between each other, it was difficult to say anything to someone because we obviously didn't want to say something we ourselves didn't agree on. I.e. "yeah we're dating" etc.

In the end we agreed to consider us partners but I kind of wish I didn't. Doesn't mean your girl might feel like me though, just felt like I needed to make a decision right away so just said yes thanks to hormones.
>>
>>17009541
>she didn't want to ruin what we had going
What is it that you have going? How often are you going out, hooking up, etc?
>>
>>17009670
We're friends. We hang out weekly and hook up probably once every 1-2 months
>>
It's hard to say man. Is she the serious type or the casual type? If she's serious then I would tell her you want to be official. But girls love it when a guy is firm about what he wants, so I hear...
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.