[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get closer with my male roommate, he never wants to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Alumni_Hall_1889_Sun.jpg (1 MB, 3895x2536) Image search: [Google]
Alumni_Hall_1889_Sun.jpg
1 MB, 3895x2536
How can I get closer with my male roommate, he never wants to ask me anything personal only greets me and thats it and Im being polite and even offered him some free food,Im a male too.Our longest conversation lasted maybe a bad minute and of-course I have to be the one that starts it otherwise we dont talk ever, its pissing me off !

We live in a big college dorm.We had a small dorm party where everyone is still pretty much meeting each other, which if ok.But there he was talking to others way more and he never meet them before, right on front of me even laughed a bit.

We been roommates for almost 1 semester and we still haven't added each other on Facebook,its like he literally doesn't want to be friends and now Im scared of rejecting for asking him out for a few drinks, I haven't used Facebook like 5 years but that shouldn't matter

at that college party we meet a few people and some of them he already added on facebook, but me ?nope what shall my next move be ?
>>
What are you 12? Grab some hard liquor, sit down with him and find out what he's into. He don't have to drink. Besides some people want to be left alone, that's not a bad thing
>>
Don't 'make a move', he obviously hates you. Accept that and go about your business.
>>
>>17009002
yea I know wat you mean

but he just doesn't want to, he was playing a game that looked like WoW but when i asked him about it he said it was lord of league or something like that and said how its different from wow and nothing else, I mean it was pretty obvious what I was trying to do, to just l get to know what interest he has but no go, he also never asked me how my day was srsly
>>
>>17009013

if something bothered him then he would confront me about it, also he doesn't even know me good enough to hate me

I have a felling that even I started playing the same game as he is and get him to notice it he wouldn't say anything ...
>>
I have a idea

you can ask someone else to ask him what he thinks of his roommate(you) and then have that person report back to you what he said

for something like that you need the right person, only this way you may get the true answer "
>>
>>17009046
You might just be annoying. I have a co-worker and I don't hate him, but our personalities just don't mesh at all, so I avoid him because he gets on my nerves so much.

And if he is obligated to confront you, why don't you be the one to put it all on the table.
>>
>>17009230

yea but how can I be annoying him, I mostly do my own business, not bragging him all the time or anything like that and its been the same pretty much from day one.

I just want him to say how his day was WITHOUT me asking him how was his day !
>>
>>17009212

I might give it a try
>>
>>17009368

Dude, you're not his girlfriend. Stop acting like his girlfriend. He does not owe you friendship. Maybe if you weren't trying so hard to force it, he wouldn't be so uncomfortable around you.
>>
Some people are just socially stagnant or whatever. It might just be him and not you at all?
>>
>>17009387

>But there he was talking to others way more and he never meet them before, right on front of me even laughed a bit.

not sure about that, to me he seems to be social,but to me he is completely neutral
>>
>>17008979
Your best bet is to invite him out for some male: drinking, gaming, etc. If he turns you down, just line with it. He might not like you, since you've been polite, so we can't blame you for coming of antisocial.
>>
I may have an idea

I shower only once a week and thats when im home away from the dorm, can my roommate think I dont shower ever thats maybe causing him to be like this ??
>>
>>17008979
From the outside, shyness can look a lot like unfriendliness. Just be there and let him get comfortable enough to come to you.

On the other hand, a lot of people would kill for a roommate who is quiet and no bother. Count your blessings, remain pleasant with him, and find your friends elsewhere.
>>
>>17010426
You only shower once a week? You probably smell bad or look unkempt, that's why he doesn't want to associate with you. You also sound like a bit of a sperg
>>
>>17011445
well gonna start showering more often and well see If there will be a difference, but there are 4 of us in a dorm with two separate bedrooms and he also doesn't talk to them either

also you're a fag
>>
>>17011763

nah, you really do seem to have some minor mental illness going on. I'm not the same guy you're arguing with, but I can see it all over your posts
>>
>>17011768

do I ? because I care that much ? , well most people say fuck it and move on, people are different ,just like if a girl wont sleep with you an you go and find the next potential one to bone
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.