[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I was just gonna ask something which is probably really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey /adv/, I was just gonna ask something which is probably really retarded and teenagerish, I'm 18 in case you wonder.

I've been finding this one girl in a couple of courses really cute, but never really talked to her outside of class except for one time. I as the retard I am hesitated to ask her out until the last day of school (Just got out of a relationship, unconfident fucktard, wanted a better moment than when she was busy etc.) and turns out for some reason she didn't show up and I couldn't ask her out.

I was suggested by my friend to ask her out through facebook by adding her and messaging something like
"Hey, I was thinking of doing this in person but I can't anymore, but I think you're cute and I was wondering if you'd like to grab coffee sometime?"

Me and her have no mutual friends on facebook but I keep thinking to myself this is creepy and weird. I understand a "Don't give a fuck" attitude is what gets girls but this just seems way too much. What do
>>
>>17008757
is that Dr Dick?
>>
>>17008757
I'm somewhat in the same situation with someone in my courses. I also waited a while to talk to her in private one on one. The girl and I have confessed feelings. But now it seems like were really out of sync

I'm contemplating the i dont give a fuck attitude now and sending her a text.

I get so nervous with these things I don't know whats the right choice or not
>>
>>17008797
That is indeed Doctor Dick
>>
>>17008832
That is literally the best music when you're stressed and you know you've fucked up on something.

I am the only one in this thread with you. Again I'm somewhat in the same situation and clueless. I think I might text her tonight to see if she wants to go out. Yes = excellent, we go out and have fun

No= not going to think about her anymore

Finals are hear and its really stressful so I feel like I should wait but I'm going to see her at a year end student dinner sunday so idk if asking her for saturday or friday is a good idea.
>>
>>17008844
I wish you luck in what you're trying to do. I still find my own situation more difficult because I have no idea what she thinks of me or if she even knows anything else than my name and how I look. As I said, I have no way of contacting her anymore really other than that, I just fear I'll make someone uncomfortable. I won't have to deal with her for possibly the rest of my life or at least 4 months in case I do embarass myself, but I still feel fear.

The thing is, I fear her not accepting my friend request or rejecting me if I somehow make her uncomfortable, since I barely know her and she barely knows me, but I'd like to get to know her. I just feel like I'd have some sort of weird panic if I tried something as bold as this.
>>
>>17008867
Hmm I agree.

What you're thinking of typing is somewhat cliche, but reasonable. Good foundation but this is a shot in the dark. Did you have good convos in class?

I'd arrange just to meet on campus and walk around a bit. Maybe mention grabbing a coffee somewhere there. Make it seem like you have to be there anyway (say you need a form or a report back or something)

Keep it familiar the first time by staying on campus. I can't explain exactly why but It'll seem more appropriate in that senerio. Then next date definitely somewhere off campus.

Also instead of cute maybe say you want to get to know her better? Cute seems bland, and a prerequisite. You wouldn't ask her if you didn't like her physically. You establish that just by asking her. Next step is to engage on a more personal level.
>>
>>17008890
Haven't been able to talk to her in class, we don't really do much discussions or group work there and it's mostly just the teacher talking about different things. I've literally only had one group thing with her and talked to her once outside of class because of homework.

Yeah, what I'm thinking of saying is what I actually think. I wanna make it 100% clear that I like her as more than just someone interesting, but as someone I'd like to date.

Both me and her don't have school anymore since the school I have only has a few terms in our system, it's pretty much summer vacation for me now, 4 months of it and also for her, so it would seem really odd to have to meet up at my school in my opinion. There is no school campus, as it is a fairly small school in the middle of the biggest city in the area.

Does it really seem like a good idea or normal to just randomly add her on facebook and ask if she would like to hang out? Keep in mind I've not communicated with her much during those courses I've had with her.
>>
Does it really seem like a good idea or normal to just randomly add her on facebook and ask if she would like to hang out? Keep in mind I've not communicated with her much during those courses I've had with her.

Not really. What have you got to lose?
Just be relaxed and upfront. I would still advocate at least meeting close by to campus, you said it's i the city so there should be someplace cute to go
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.