[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is my problem /adv/ ? I'm a straight male, good looking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
16 KB, 300x300
What is my problem /adv/ ? I'm a straight male, good looking, athletic body, successful and shit, but I hate relationships, marriage and children. In fact, pregnant women disgust me and I look at people with kids as to some subhumans who reproduce like wild animals. I feel like I'm alone in this; all of my friends are getting married and have kids, while I find it disgusting. I do have sexual libido but I'm tired of meeting women. I don't drool over some hotties nor look at them. I'm not asexual I know that. I'm 26 years old and my parents think I will have kids one day but I know I never will. Tbh, everyone who has kids in my eyes looks like a failure. Pregnant women make me sick to my stomache because as I've said, it is like some animal reproduction where you just have to inject semen to produce a creature. I know this sounds harsh but I can't help myself. What is my problem ?
>>
It's no problem, imo and I'm femanon with kids. This is your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll change your mind when you meet the right girl, or when you're childless and 40. Because childless 40 year old men are sad.
>>
You're too self-centered to allow that kind of responsibility into your life. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on whether you're actually doing something productive and beneficial to society with all your free time.

It's not really a problem that you don't want to have kids, but your hyper-judgmental attitude towards anyone who keeps the human race alive is pretty weird. Maybe you should see a shrink if it's starting to affect your social/professional interactions.
>>
>>17008719

>Because childless 40 year old men are sad.

Not necessarily. A 40-year-old man can still start a family if he wants to. A 40-year-old woman can't. Not to mention, men tend to hit peak attractiveness in their 30s/40s. A healthy bachelor in his 40s with a stable career can pretty much fuck everything that moves. Being a single middle-aged man is like being a single young woman.
>>
OP here.

I used to be an addict. Had 20+ girls. One day I just snapped, stopped abusing drugs and alcohol, moved out, quit contact with all my friends, started to work on myself, started to work, train, and then got back on college. I'm currently a sales manager in an international company and a grade A scholarship student. I never felt good in relationships; always felt trapped inside. The more I advanced, the more I've felt disgusted to pregnant women and people with kids.
>>
>>17008732

I dunno exactly what you're looking for here. Is this causing problems for you in some way? Your attitude is a little weird, but as long as you're not actually saying this shit to your married friends, I don't really see the problem. People have all kinds of weird hangups, squicks and phobias. Just keep it to yourself and do your own thing
>>
>>17008724
What you're saying is somewhat true, technically. And by "technically" I mean according to a 25 year old. Very few 40 year old men (and even fewer 40 year old men on 4chan) can successfully live the kind of life you're describing without $$$$$$$$. Poor (but good-looking) middle-aged men have a bad chance landing the top-teir young babes for any length of time, whereas poor (but good-looking) middle-aged women have a very good chance of landing extremely hot young men for a length of time. *sorry* but 'tis true. Also, a childless man at 40 plus is considered sad by his peers, both male and female, because most of his peers have been married and have children. And a 40 plus person gives no shits about what 25 year olds think of them.

Another point -- dads are a LOT better in bed than non-dads.
>>
>>17008711
Assuming you're psychologically and neurologically normal enough, I don't think you have any problem per se, unless the way you feel about relationships and families is making you sad or troubling you.... which given that you are posting about it on an anonymous Tuvan throat-singing board, perhaps it is.

Not wanting kids seems perfectly reasonable to me. I was convinced that I didn't want kids for my entire youth, and even made a poor woman who did theoretically want kids settle for me in the process. As it turned out, I changed my mind in my thirties and am now a proud, if old, father to two extraordinary boys. But I know lots of people approximately my age (30s and 40s) who don't want kids, ever. It's a valid and widely respected lifestyle choice, although if you want to remain on terms with your friends you will do well to reduce your venom. Not wanting or liking kids is just fine. Expressing anger at or disgust toward people who do is completely obnoxious. It will also make you look laughable if you ever change your mind. So if you really feel that kind of hatred, keep it to yourself if you don't want to be an asshole.

Your disgust with relationships seems weirder and perhaps more problematic to me. Maybe you don't trust people, maybe you're afraid of being vulnerable, maybe you've been burned. Maybe none of the above. But it sounds like issues that might be associated with emotional or psychological problems. Are you unhappy? Have you ever talked to a shrink? You might try it. I was an angry weirdo who rejected the validity of therapy for decades until I spent some time with a psychiatrist and found it helpful.

Your physical disgust for reproduction is also a bit odd from my perspective--do bodies/bodily functions typically gross you out, or just reproduction? Sounds vaguely dysmorphic.
>>
>>17008774
I'm disgusted at reproduction only.
I've been to shrink in my teens due to heavy depression, but it was mostly caused by drugs. Right now, I feel happier than ever in my life.

I do have trust issues as I can easily spot a lie. I know the only one you can fully trust is yourself. I've been burned, but it didn't really affect me, I'm not really emotional about that.
>>
>>17008711
I am a 30 year old anon, and this is very similar to my line of thinking/situation. You're not alone and it is borderline psychopathic behavior.

For myself, I somewhat pinpoint it on that I was adopted and have very little "connection" to other human beings. Mix that with winning the gene lottery (because being attractive can get you in with people) you begin to manipulate people pretty easily.

I personally can go to bars, sit at the, look genuinely disinterested in anyone there, and girls come up and talk to me. At which point I can very easily manipulate them into sleeping with me.

Its just a different life is all. When your focus in centered inward instead of outward on other people...you can become capable of some next level shit.
>>
>>17008719
Ah you got kids? How many? Wait a minute i just got a urgent message i have to go now see you later.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.