[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling lonely but not alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_no4zjyYlVC1r09c0uo1_500.gif (863 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no4zjyYlVC1r09c0uo1_500.gif
863 KB, 480x360
I've been feeling really alone and isolated recently. The thing is I have friends and people to do things with. I just don't feel happy? I think it's primarily I haven't had anyone I can be really close with in a while. And I'm not strictly talking about a relationship. I mean as in a really good friend where I can be myself around, I guess?

Does any of this make sense? I think I might be depressed, but I don't really know what to do.
>>
>>17008413
Also I think it's fair to say that maybe breaking up with gf might have made me feel like this a lot more recently. But the break up happened three months ago. It was a mutual break up since she was a foreign exchange girl and there was a very low chance of us seeing each other much.
>>
>>17008413
Being happy is directly related to how much shit you have dealt with.

suffering in some way make everything else seem so much better. If you are not changing your life regularly then everything will start to go grey.
>>
>>17008447

I think this is true. I have been feeling like I'm living day to day life on repeat.
>>
>>17008447

On the otherhand it could just be me being a Junior and starting to get really sick of university life.
>>
>>17008413

absolutely. the bobcat teaches us to be alone without being lonely. but it doesnt save much about the inverse.

that being said, you know the root of your problem, you want to be close with someone. the only way that happens is to risk an overshare.

see any friends looking down? talk to them about their problems. then maybe relate some of your own. invite them over for a beer and some vidyah or whatever and talk out about life. its those deep conversations that sometimes get a little sad that bring guys closer togehter.
>>
>>17008479

Thanks Lone Bobcat, you always know what to say
>>
>>17008547

good luck m80. just try to focus on getting deeper with your friends, suggest more one on one time, and you'll start to feel the love.
>>
>>17008567
Thanks m8, it's hard sometimed though haha. Especially when you lack the motivation
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.