[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How difficult is it to move to/live in Canada? I ask as a skilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
How difficult is it to move to/live in Canada?

I ask as a skilled white female college graduate, not looking for a liberal paradise, but for a country where my health condition doesn't mean that I risk death from losing my job.
>>
>>17008395

depends on how you go about it. marriage is easiest. just trying to become a citizen is a bit harder.

either way 'how difficult' shouldn't be of worry. lets pretend its a scale. would you stop trying if it was a 6 on the difficult scale? a 7/10? an 8?

how easy do you want it to be? i mean its your fucking life, so why not apply and find out.
>>
>>17008395
Canada doesn't accept American health care refugees.

But you can easily sneak over, it's not like they got a fucking wall with armed guards up there.
>>
I'm American and went to school in Montreal for a few years. Due to some personal mental health issues I had to leave school but I really liked living up there so I went to an immigration lawyer to see if it was possible to change my status. The short of it was that the easiest way to get residence if you have no family connections is to marry a canadian, but that takes years. The other route is to get a work visa but for that you'd need to have a post graduate degree and years of experience in your field, additionally your employer would need to show that they attempted a job search and were incapable of finding a qualified canadian for this job, which is pretty much impossible.

I still have her card here though so I suppose you could call her office and have a phone consultation about this, because this was back in 2009 so I may be misremembering or the laws may have changed.

Her name is Andrea De Rocquigny website is goimmigrationcanada.com

>>17008417
yeah but you wont be able to work above the table or get any of the healthcare benefits OP wants, additionally if the police catch wind of you (which they will eventually) you'll get deported and blacklisted so you wont ever be able to visit canada again, even as a tourist.
>>
>>17008435
nvm, seems that website is defunct
>>
>>17008409
True, I just want to know what I'm up against.
>>17008417
Not sure if meme...
>>17008435
Helpful. My parents are not Canadians but my sister is (dual citizenship). Would that help in any way?
>>
>>17008417
>it's not like they got a fucking wall with armed guards up there.

not yet
>>
>>17008606
no idea, you should talk to an immigration lawyer

even though that website is gone I still have that lawyer's number its 5149072881
>>
Talk to a Canadian about their experiences with the healthcare system. Anything that is "free" comes with a few hidden extras.

This may be purely anecdotal but I used to work with a Canadian who said the "free" healthcare system isn't as good as it sounds for a multitude of reasons. He prefers the way things are in America. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm going to talk to one of my current coworkers who used to live/work up there for quite awhile and see what his take on it was too.

My health insurance premiums went up this year, substantially more, to subsidize healthcare for other people. I've lived without insurance for long periods of time. Never was a problem. Now I understand someone like you may need it for a pre-existing condition but not every single person needs to be insured otherwise they get penalized. This is one of the many issues with having "affordable" healthcare or "free" healthcare.

But hey if they'll take you and you like how things work up there then go for it. Just saying make sure you research everything.
>>
>>17008753
lucky for you that you never had unexpected medical problems, like from an accident when you were uninsured

that's like asking why everyone needs vehicle insurance, even if you are an extremely safe driver you can still get into accidents through no fault of your own
>>
We don't want more white entitled princesses here. Fuck off, go find a white knight somewhere else.
>>
Nothing specific here but it's quite migrant friendly like Germany. Unlike countries with extremely restrictive shortlists and very high salary requirements. The culture might be too American though... they like to think they are different but they are the most similar.
>>
I'll give you citizenship if you'll be my gf
>>
>>17008395

As a Canadian, fuck off, we're full. We don't need more dumb fucking Americans coming up here.
>>
>>17008435
>Andrea De Rocquigny

http://www.pwc.com/ca/en/contacts/pwc-law-llp/andrea-de-roquigny.html
>>
File: thumbs up donald.png (204 KB, 1021x789) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up donald.png
204 KB, 1021x789
>>17008395
As a brown Canadian man born in this country, I've always wanted to live in America. Not sure why you're leaving. You're about to have the greatest POTUS of all-time.
>>
>>17009717
yeah that's her, guess she moved out to Calgary
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.