[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/, I come to you with a tale of actual sexual assault
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1422678064468.jpg (57 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1422678064468.jpg
57 KB, 500x364
Alright /adv/, I come to you with a tale of actual sexual assault that happened many years ago, was left unsolved but came back to stress me up to the point of never getting enough sleep.

SO!

When I was about three or four years old, my cousin abused me on more than one occasion. In fact, it was almost a weekly kind of thing... And of course, like any human being who does this, he threatened me to not tell otherwise I'd be completely undesirable for life. Everything that happened, I repressed because he moved out and what are the odds of ever seeing him again, right?

Well, we fastforward eight years. I must specify that I'm Mexican, and was brought over along with my dad into the states with the "help" of my mother. We go straight to her house and hey, guess who is living there? None other than restless hormones mentioned up there. Everything floods back to me, absolutely everything but I can't say anything because of the brainwashing.

Maybe... Juuust maybe it won't happen again. But it does. For about five months, since it started three months after we got to the States. Eventually me and my dad move out. I need to point out that this wasn't "out of nowhere". This was because there has always been tension between my mom and dad... Again though, once we move out I just try to not think about anything

He tries contacting me, but after the third time I think he finally gets it? And I'm okay with life, except for the fact that now I want to make myself physically repulsive to men... So I do. Now... It's about three or four years of this self-torment and I finally tell a friend.

She convinces me to talk to my dad and we took it to the Authorities. They did absolutely nothing save for taking him in for questioning and letting him go. Now, know that I have no idea what's going on, just letting the police do their job. But in the end I decide to do nothing because I know that now he has a daughter and maybe (1/?)
>>
>>17008299
>he has a daughter

you realize he might end up doing it to his kid, right? if you being his cousin didn't stop him from getting his shit on, who's to say that she might not end up being abused too? i think you'd be doing the little girl a favor, desu.
>>
Whats the age difference? Between you 2 that is and im sorry to have to ask but what kind of stuff went on?
>>
>>17008299

... Because I know he has a daughter and maybe will think twice, ya know? Because now he'd know what it'd feel like to have your daughter be molested and it'll hold him back. So I let it be.

It's been seven years since that, and my mother tells me that he's been in jail since October of last year and she's been holding this information from me for Lord knows what reason until she mentions talking to my cousin who told her that this could help with her legal status. Well. That explains it.

Thing is though, he's in jail FOR THE EXACT SAME CHARGE. Like. He just did it again. So now I'm hella mad because dude. You had a chance and ya blew it. Now I just don't want him in the outside world anymore.

So I go to the police department to get the report that I filed back then and... It's all full of bull crap. From the very beginning. It starts off with "Victim doesn't know the assaultant's name nor birth date or where it happened" Even though I remember clearly stating that I knew his first name and second last name (Heaven bless mexican culture what with the paternal and maternal last names).

So I'm like what.

And obviously, when he was questioned he gave out all this false information to cover his ass.

Now we go to the point. What do I do!? I mean, if I go to the police and tell them of the previous charges and they see all that crap, will they even take me seriously? Just.. Damn. Nobody ever deserves to have this happen to them, and I know I was dumb for not following through but he just doesn't deserve to walk the streets ever again.
>>
File: to be honesto.jpg (38 KB, 485x325) Image search: [Google]
to be honesto.jpg
38 KB, 485x325
>>17008299
Kick his ass chica
>>
Took me a bit to answer because I was finishing the story, sorry

>>17008314
Yeah... I'm not sure if it happened with his daughter but it HAS happened again with another family member. His wife is not speaking to him since he got arrested.

>>17008329
He was 13 and I was 4 or three. Then it happened again from ages 11-12. I am now 22 and this is just weighing down on me like nothing else.
>>
>>17008314
This, OP. Maybe tell your tale to other family members who have more contact with scumbag. Tell them to be on the lookout for signs and symptoms that he may be abusing his daughter. You should definitely speak up to whoever may be able to keep an eye on the situation.

Are you in therapy for yourself? If not, consider this.
>>
>>17008347

Second part of the story here:

>>17008333
>>
>>17008333

>Like. He just did it again. So now I'm hella mad because dude. You had a chance and ya blew it

Yeah, you're finally starting to get it. Some people just aren't capable of redemption, especially if they never have to face consequences for what they did. This is why it's so important to report rape, even though it's stressful and painful and often doesn't result in justice. But you have to try, because if you don't, he'll keep doing it.

Go to the police. They might be more inclined to believe you now that he IS a convicted rapist. Though I'm not sure what exactly you could do, since so much time has passed that there isn't any evidence anymore.

Was there ever another witness? Someone who might've known what was going on?
>>
>>17008356

Sadly no. I mean, the only reason why they believe me now is because for one, it happened again so it's a very "Dude, maybe she wasn't lying". The only one who believes but saw nothing is my dad.

My sister, even though she saw it just assumed I liked it which I don't blame her because I didn't speak up but what can you do when someone has you under threats? My mother only believes me because it could grant her legal status here.
>>
Alright, I gotta go to work but will definitely be back afterwards. It's just both something I need advice with and this horrible need to vent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.