[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm male and I've feel like I'm on the verge of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: nat_dolphin.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nat_dolphin.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I'm male and I've feel like I'm on the verge of crying most of the time. But even when I allow myself to let it out, nothing happens.

It's been four months. What can I do?
>>
>>17008182

thatsj ust being sad. you are mixing it up with crying. yes you are close to crying but its not like oyu got some psychological block preventing it.

>tfw no qt3.14 anon to cry on my shoulder over a beer and some mario kart

makes me wanna cry myself
>>
>>17008191
I'm absolutely shit at mario cart and I'm not gay
>>
>>17008213

its not gay to cry bro.
>>
You sound depressed. Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?

How to find a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
How to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Dealing with suicidal thoughts (I don't know if you have them, but just in case): http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
List of suicide hotlines by country (never know if you might need one): http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
>>
>>17008223
True but snuggling with men is. Idk maybe my poor relationships is the root of these feelings.
>>
>>17008240
Not suicidal, I think I'm jus sick of my surroundings and my lack of effectiveness with other people.
>>
>>17008241

no wonder you cant cry if you think just crying with a bro is gay. its okay to be close man, crying on my shoulder isnt snuggling
>>
File: 1458508324659.jpg (92 KB, 1278x888) Image search: [Google]
1458508324659.jpg
92 KB, 1278x888
i'm 21, i cried for the first time since i was 8 sometime last year. here's what i did, i let it all build up

while listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9X47eVM1c

i constantly thought about my failures, how much i let everyone down, my self included, and just negative thoughts untill i shed some tears

i felt better after, but i still live with the fact that im a failure who scrapes by in life, but ill deal with that later

so remember OP, let it build up, and itll come out.
>>
>>17008252
It is built up, it just wont feel natural.

>>17008251
Maybe if my family died I see a reason, but almost all the things im sad about I'm pretty sure I did to myself through my actions
>>
>>17008274

its okay to be sad over past mistakes.

in all seriousness though maybe you dont need to cry. you just are sad. thats okay too.
>>
>>17008292
How to you think I can stop being sad then?
>>
>>17008317

sounds to me like you have an urge to let those feelings out. crying isnt the only way to let them out though.

for most people, an alcoholic beverage and a long time talking shit about life is how it all comes out. i notice theres a growing trend of not even letting your best friends know when you are sad though.
>>
>>17008339
>i notice theres a growing trend of not even letting your best friends know when you are sad though.
That's me.
>alcoholic beverage and a long time talking shit about life is how it all comes out. i notice theres a growing trend of not even letting your best friends know when you are sad though.
I have literally vowed not to do this, my Dad does this, my mom does this, my granfather does this,
My aunts and uncles and cousins and most of my peers do this. I'm sick of it, It wont be me
>>
>>17008350

then deal with it, i guess. dunno why you took a vow not to enjoy a drink with a friend and talk about life.

theres a difference between being emotional and being whiny after all.
>>
>>17008358
>theres a difference between being emotional and being whiny after all.
Yes this is true, why not getting it out through lifting or a hobby.

alcohol seems self destructive and it costs a lot, doesn't interest me like it did when I was 18

I'm 21 now for what it's worth
>>
I can't diagnose you, but I also cried for seemingly no reason for several months. In hindsight, it was depression from my grandmother passing away. But at the time I wasn't actively thinking about my grandmother when I cried, so I thought the two things weren't linked. So it's possible you're more depressed than you consciously think. I was already in therapy and on meds, but I think time helped. If it's very concerning to you, bring it up with your primary doctor. They might find a physical reason it's happening or be able to tell you if it could be psychological.
>>
>>17008372
>So it's possible you're more depressed than you consciously think.
Mind elaborating? I didn't know such a thing was even possible
>>
>>17008363

im not a big boozer myself. im on accutane so i cant drink at all, but generally id enjoy 1 beer a week, usually in the shower. not sure why you think its expensive, its like a dollar a beer mate, you only need two at a time.

>why not getting it out through lifting or a hobby.

i lift, and i write / produce scripts. they help. i workout a lot of stuff. but human interaction is ar eal and necessary thing. having a night where you both let out emotions that have built up helps. you want to display your emotions as evidenced by your attempts to cry.

if you dont want to booze, fine, its just a way to relax and loosen. isntead get creamed soda. or just some food. or whatever you want.

but its okay to be emotional wtih friends. thats what deepens your bonds with them and stops them from becoming acquaintances in the future.
>>
>>17008387
Like you might have vague ideas about why you're crying (for example, you mentioned feeling that you caused your own problems) but you don't feel that you're depressed enough about those things to be crying. It could be that you are actually sadder about those things than you're aware of. Is there any life event that happened before or during the time you started crying? Any bad news you think you took surprisingly well? Maybe those things actually bother you, but you have so many other things going on that you don't focus on them. This could be far-fetched. It's just what happened in my individual case.
>>
>>17008388
>>17008410
yes theres a few. I half to run out for 1 hour m8s but If the threads still alive I'll post responses and I'd appreciate it if you were still here
>>
>>17008423
I'll be around. Have a nice run! Exercise is supposed to release feel-good endorphins, so good for you.
>>
>>17008433
YES! that's what I'm all about. Excersizing for the sake of the natural high

But I had errands, otherwise would have stayed

> Is there any life event that happened before or during the time you started crying

Realizing most of my relationships are not very good, not being an ideal person to be with

No gf

I should work on these but don't know if I will
>>
>>17008780
Welcome back. Was there a breakup, or did you just start ruminating? Do you also have anxiety? I am so not a doctor, but it seems like it's more common for crying to be psychological. Just googling, but I guess one physical cause could be hypothyroidism, which throws off hormones.

Same relationship problems here though. Therapy helps a lot. Depressed people aren't very motivated to change themselves, but do it for yourself man. If it is depression, you don't have to stay depressed. There's a way out.
>>
>>17008827
>Was there a breakup, or did you just start ruminating?
I went to the bank to organize my funds nigga. I may be emotionally empty but I'm master saver.

Do you also have anxiety?
Used to, runs on my moms side, but I honestly feel like I've exchanged it into either anger or drive to do better. I want no more days of being a pissy, soft, feminine cuck boy. I've been a straight edge, hard worker for about a year now. And while my money, grades, and income are in check. I've forgot to take care of my emotional side.

>very motivated to change themselves
I've been working on that too. Others now describe me as motivated. People 3 times my age are becoming impressed by me (my father said this) I fully believe 100% you can use your thoughts to change who you are.

Its just in the uncharted territory of friends and girls I seem to struggle, nowI think a girl likes me and I got the number but I feel like I'm fucking it all up.
>>
>>17008838
It sounds like you've made huge accomplishments the past year, so Congrats. Some people can feel a lot of pressure when everything is going well. Maybe that's a factor? If you got one girl's number, you can get another girl's number. Placing all your hopes on one person or idea is stressful. If she already likes you you've got this, but even if it doesn't work out, it doesn't reflect badly on who you are- could just be the wrong person. You'll also get better at making friends/gfs with each experience.
>>
>>17008923 Thank you!
Yes that's true...I can and have gotten different girls before. It's just I really like her. And every time that happens, I get so tight and klunky that I end up botching it and the whole process from number grabbing to dating makes me so miserable.

>Placing all your hopes on one person or idea is stressful.
This is exactly whats happened.
>it doesn't reflect badly on who you are- could just be the wrong person.
I'm struggling HARD with understanding this, i just want to talk to her at the same level f relaxation as before we were courting one another. It goes to shit everytime I have a chance with a quality girl and I am S I C K of it.
>>
>>17009010
If it feels right, you can talk to her about being nervous and not wanting to mess up. If she's a nice person, she'll understand and maybe you'll be more relaxed after getting that off your chest. You're not alone in feeling sick of the dating process and having to start over every time. It's normal and you're doing the best you can, so don't punish yourself.
>>
>>17009066
>If it feels right, you can talk to her about being nervous
Now this is interesting, maybe in a lul after a high point.

I think the source of this nervousness is me liking her and her potentially getting in the way of my other goals/ambitions.

>It's normal and you're doing the best you can, so don't punish yourself.
I feel very abnormal, but thank you Anon, seriously
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.