[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i find work in another state? I dont have any other immediate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1459504385764.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459504385764.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
how do i find work in another state? I dont have any other immediate family members in other states and lived in the same area for my whole life. It's getting really boring and I could do with a 'fresh start'

How do people move countries and start their lives? any advice?
>>
Craigslist
>>
Are you serious??

>Apply for job in foreign country.
>Phone interview stage one, phone interview stage two.
>Job offer.
>Pack bag and leave country behind.

That was 3 years ago and I never looked back
>>
>>17007196
Are you American? Not OP but I'd love to work in Vancouver but I would never be able to afford US income tax on top of whatever Canada takes.
>>
>>17007200
Im European.
Surely you won't be paying tax to the US if you live and work in Canada? I imagine you would pay taxes in Canada and that's it.
Crazy if you have to pay both..
>>
>>17007214
Hahaha, oh man, no. You want to keep that US citizenship? You pay Uncle Sam's tax on everything you earn no matter where you are in the world. I'm very envious of Europeans being able to pick up and move to all those diverse countries for work.
>>
>>17007196
Are you serious? surely they'll always take on people who are residents of the country and have legal right to work there. If I had to get a visa it would only last for 6 months. What are the chances of scoring a job on a job seeker website when you aren't even in the country? I feel like it's very statistically low
>>
>>17007226
Yeah it's as you say. Companies only a state over expect me to drive 12 hours for an in-person interview, too, when I even hear back from them.
>>
>>17007226

I moved from the UK to work in Portugal for a German speaking job. You see, my language skills mean I could land a job anywhere in the world. Depends on you man, what you have to offer.
Why would they employ a Portuguese man to do a job in German if he doesn't speak the language? You see, Europe is cool, I don't need a VISA to live and work abroad.

>>17007225
I wasn't aware of that, sorry. That is really fucked up. I'm happy to be European.
>>
>>17007232
you went to fucking PORTUGAL, that's a step down from the UK don't do you think? of course they would hire you, you're better than the average person there
>>
>>17007232
No need to apologize, anon. Ignore that other guy, Portugal seems pretty solid these days.
>>
>>17007243
You have no idea what you're talking about m8.
Step down?
I have 1.200-1.400 Euro in my pocket each month, after paying rent, internet, bills and shit.
Life here is cheap as fuck. Food, beer, weed. All cheap.
I live like a king in sunny country. I get to the beach in half an hour.
I do what the fuck I want save about 300-400 Euro a month.

What you see as a step down, to me is an increase in quality of life.
>>
>>17007254
How does an American land a job in Portugal? All I got is a BA in philosophy and English language skills.
>>
>>17007259
I'm not American.
I found the job on the internet.

op: you're American? how old? What would you like to do? Different State or country?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.