[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I dont expect anyone here to be able to fix my problem,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458825079601.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458825079601.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Hey guys, I dont expect anyone here to be able to fix my problem, I just really want to know if anyone else has gone through something similar

>Been drinking heavily for a few years. Daily
>Been trying to quit lately, had to taper off cuz I startet getting DTs, have no med insurance to get any withdrawal drugs.
>Tapering is going pretty good now, hardly drink at all anymore with no bad withdrawals.
>but, now I just feel empty, and alone, I have friends and family but I dont feel like talking to them will help me feel better. I just feel like I'm all alone in a strange place

Anyone else go through this?
>>
>but, now I just feel empty, and alone

its called being sober anon. whats left of your liver will thank you
>>
Go to AA or similar support group. 85% of those programs is about rebuilding and maintaining a healthy lifestyle (mentally, emotionally, physically)
>>
>>17006462
>>17006473
thanks guys, Ill look into AA but I live in a really small rural town and dont think theres a group anywhere nearby
>>
Iirc there are some online programs you can look into. Good luck! I wish you the best.
>>
>>17006529
thanks man, I appreciate it. I was just wondering if anyone else went through that empty feeling after quitting. I hope it doesnt last too long. I know its just a symptom, and I need to find other interests, but absolutely nothing seems interesting right now.
>>
>>17006569
Alcohol messes with your brain chemicals. Stay on the wagon and it'll get better
>>
Try meditation or some other spiritual practice. Alcohol may have been a solution to an inner emptiness. AA or something like it might help. I'm reading Madly Chasing Peace by Dina Proctor....her story sounds a bit like yours. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17006687
thanks man, I actually used to meditate before I started drinking. I forgot all about that until you said it. I was never very good at it, but I was getting better at it. It was more of an offhand interest rather than something I tried at religiously. But thanks, really. And I think I might look up that book.
>>
>>17006347
When I quit drinking it was kind of like that.

It takes a while to get used to it and since everyone's always out drinking on weekends, it can feel kind of lonely.

Maybe try going out for coffee with some friends instead. Plenty of hipster-y places are open late.

Or just find other sober things to do. Get into active hobbies, you might as well since your body is healthier.

Perhaps even try making new friends or spending time with friends that are less into drinking/drugs.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.