[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm twenty one in college and I still feel like a kid. Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 200540153-001.jpg (66 KB, 506x338) Image search: [Google]
200540153-001.jpg
66 KB, 506x338
I'm twenty one in college and I still feel like a kid. Someone told me I was a man and I replied in shock. I'm struggling as a CS major in my junior year, I've been fucking up grades. I defiantly put enough time and effort, I just don't use it efficiently. I never had to think logically this way up until now. The highest msth I took in grade school was Algebra 2 and Geometry, whenever I was failing a test I'd just cry and my special ed coteacher would walk me through. Now I'm having to think on my own and I don't know how. I think this is why I don't see myself as a man. I'm not unfortunate, I come from wealthy parents. I feel I haven't had much life experience, I went straight into College after high school having one job, and no relationships. I had terrible experience with a girl having bpd, she left for someone else two different times. I've felt like shit since, she said she saw me from a mother's perspective rather than codependent relationship, it hurt a lot
. There's this girl who's been in a few classes the past two semesters. We both would stare at each other in class and smile. My friend and I agree, she's dead shy, more awkward then me. Everytime I try to talk our conersations are jagged. Sometimes I think I don't actually like her, I'm just trying to get over my ex. At the same time I don't want to pursue her because she I don't think I'd better her. She defiantly gets better marks on exams, I don't want to corrupt her with my drug lifestyle and overall negative mindset.
>>
If your parents are so wealthy ask if they'll pay for you to talk to therapist
>>
>>17006651
Both my sister and I've asked. They don't get it, they can't see past the stigma of being a patient. I went to the schools free one, on my first visit analysis I basically spilled all this out.
>>
>>17006344

Damn dude I'm impressed how smoothly that paragraph went from maturity to school to crying.

Anyway stop fucking weeping and decide what you're going to next. If your grades are your priority (which you should be, you/your parents are not paying for you to shit around and take dating for a spin) then eliminate distractions and focus on studying. Stop chasing women and get your life in order first. Start setting achievable goals (certain gpa, getting projects done far ahead of time, etc) and go about achieving them.

You shouldn't need counseling for this. If you're actually mentally disabled then you should have some kind of counselor at college already, use them. Once you've set a few goals in your college life and met them you'll start feeling better about your situation.

At that point maybe start thinking about how to approach women. For the time being stop worrying about it. I'd give anything to go back to college and do it over without worrying about all the stupid shit I worried about at the time.
>>
>>17006344
I'm 52, about to be a grandfather, and I still feel like a helpless kid sometimes. You just plow through it and find the grown-up in you.
>>
>>17006823
should've used condoms.
you man-whore.
>>
>>17006717
I don't feel I can just block our the girls I see everyday and fantasize about. I want to get this first girl out of my head, if I still had confidence Id probably get better scores. I really don't think I'm smart enough for CS.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.