[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>date guy >ask him if he is tested for stds >he says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
>date guy
>ask him if he is tested for stds
>he says yes
>8 months into relationship
>pelvis starts burning like hell
>doctors say its not a UTI and that it sounds like an STD
>confront bf
>say I thought you were tested
>he says I was, and I only had sex with one person after but we used a condom
>this is the first time that he mentioned having sex with someone with a condom and not getting STD checked after

I feel like he withheld this information and put my health at risk.

Is breaking up with him too harsh? I feel this is a huge break in my trust. Condoms are not 100 percent effective, thus every time we had sex he has put my health at risk.

A guy who cared about me wouldn't do that, right? I feel like a guy would be upfront about his history if he cared about my health.
>>
Sad thing is its his birthday in 2 days. And I am supposed to show up and be the happy loving gf. But i feel awful.
>>
sounds inconsiderate. so did you find out what you have?
>>
>>17006273
Not yet but even if I'm clean.. he still did this.
>>
and also how did he not notice any burning from having an std?
>>
>>17006287
Men are often asymptomatic. The point is though, he took a risk having sex with someone using a rubber and then having sex with me he transferred that risk onto me without me knowing.
>>
if you end up having an std then likely he had symptoms and just hid them from you.
>>
I'd break up. I wouldn't care it's his birthday in two days. He knew you were concerned about STDs when you asked him if he'd been tested. He should have disclosed this then, not now.
>>
>>17006290
oh didn't know that. nvrmind I guess
>>
>>17006293
I don't think he had symptoms but still.. I think most guys know a condom does not prevent STDs it only reduces the risk.

I spent a lot of time trying to build trust with this guy. I don't want to throw it away. But this is just so hard to forgive.
>>
If it's been 8 months together and you're willing to break up with him over this, then do so.

Shit happens sometimes. He wasn't being reckless or unsafe. I've gotten gonorrhea before from a SO from a flukey situation, he had it months and months before and was declared clean, we used protection, yet I still got it.

It's been the better half of a year, it's not like he's trying to hurt you. Anger is understandable, but get over it.
>>
>>17006331
But it could have been worse. He had no idea what that girl had or could still pass to me.

I'm not for sure on breaking up with him but this is huge. Its not something I can just "get over".
>>
heh, there is NO fucking question I have HPV and probably herpes too, and had a close run in with the hiv but I'm too much of a pussy to get checked and find out the bad news.

I just say I'm clean though
>>
>>17006352
Stfu, bitch. Unless it's herpes, warts, or hiv, it's completely curable.

Cunt.
>>
>>17006379
He put me at risk for all of those by not disclosing the truth.
>>
>>17006372
see people like this are why it pays to not sleep around so much
>>
>>17006372

I hope a truck runs you over.
>>
>>17006410
once a car ran over my leg and to everyone surprise I was completely fine. I tripped while we were pushing it and it rolled right over
>>17006386
I got fucked over by my slutwhore ex gf, all I'm doing is paying it forward
>>
>>17006385
you're so retarded it hurts
>>
Well...would you have dumped him on the spot if he had told you this months ago when you asked? Would you have continued the relationship but never had sex with him? If no...why break up now?

Until you know for sure it's an STD, do you even have solid ground to base your anger on?

If you were afraid of STDs, why didn't you use protection yourself? If you have no good answer...why break up now?

Do you legitimately think he was lying to you on purpose, in a spiteful way? Is he maybe not completely educated on STDs and their transmission? If yes...you get my point.
>>
>>17006253
How fucking often do you get tested?
>>
>>17006435
just goes to show you deserved it then if you have the ability to be such a shithead. but regardless when you stop being so immature and triggered over it you're going to realize how fucked you are when trying to find a LTP

and this is why you kick a guy out if he pulls any whiny bullshit about wearing a condom, or you drag his ass down to the testing facility yourself

OP, you're a bit naive for not going down there with him and doing it together. anyone can just say they're clean, like scumbag of the year right here
>>
>>17006253
>Is breaking up with him too harsh?
Not at all. If he's okay with putting your health at risk, then he's probably okay with a lot of other shit you'd find unacceptable.

>I feel like he withheld this information and put my health at risk.
That's because he did. You don't just get tested, then sleep with one or two more people and believe that everything's okay because you feel fine.
>>
File: 1451242495232.jpg (10 KB, 227x261) Image search: [Google]
1451242495232.jpg
10 KB, 227x261
People are getting hung up on if she got an STD from him or not, but the major issue is the violation of trust. You don't tell someone you were tested, but actually fucked someone inbetween regardless of how low you want to pretend the risk is.

Fucking christ people this is sex ed you'd get out of highschool, fix your shit.

>>17006331
>He wasn't being reckless or unsafe.
Except he was, when he said he was tested after having sex. Condoms reduce the risk, but they don't remove it altogether. Even if it's something cured within the week, he was at best an idiot and more realistically thought it was fine to lie about it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.