[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A few months ago I bragged to a few people at a bar about being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160327_153632.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_153632.jpg
4 MB, 4032x3024
A few months ago I bragged to a few people at a bar about being an amateur photographer, I showed them some pretty basic pictures I took recently and they were impressed (these were basically point and shoots). Over the past week we've chatted a bit and they want me to do a photo shoot tomorrow with them. Truth is I am extremely amateur photographer, as in I know only the very very basics of photography, I've never done a photoshoot before. I don't really know shit about photography beyond how the rule of thirds and some other elementary things. Well fuck. What should I do. Just continue the con and take the pictures tomorrow, let them know I am not as skilled as they are assuming. Any tips, technics to seem like a professional photographer?
>>
File: 05.jpg (79 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
79 KB, 750x750
>>17005778
do some things to stand out i guess, do some abstract photographs something original
>>
If you use a tripod and set up a light or two, you'll seem like a pro. Most people don't know shit, and it's not exactly rocket science even at a more professional level
>>
>>17005792

We're not going to be doing anything too abstract from the sounds of it. The plan is to do the photoshoot at the beach.
>>
File: IMG_20160327_133404.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_133404.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Bumping
>>
Well you did say you were an amateur already. Just go and take pictures, it's not like you promised to give them magic or anything.
>>
>>17005778
Take lots of photos from different angles. Quantity is important. Later, go back and pick only the best ones. Do some photo editing to make them look nicer if you can. That's about it. Learn the basics of lighting, don't take pictures while facing the sun, make sure you're focused on the right thing, etc.
I know nothing about photography but people like the shit I post on instagram. Most people are easily impressed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.