[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 20-something year old shitter whos been stuck in retail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: PlC04qo.jpg (318 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
PlC04qo.jpg
318 KB, 1280x853
I'm a 20-something year old shitter whos been stuck in retail ever since he graduated high school, then dropped out of university. Stuck in Alberta, Canada, I really just wanna leave this province and go work in a different part of the country.
I found an entry level job listing for a position that's not asking for any previous experience in the field that I'd love to work in, but I'm worried about not excelling, and ending up jobless on a lease in Montreal, and its making me second guess the whole thing.

Should I go through with it? Are there any precautions I could take in just that scenario?
>>
You want it don't you? Go and get it
>>
Job market is shit in Canada. Go to Africa you have a chance there.
>>
Don't self-sabotage. Go through with it. You have nothing to lose except for your old, shitty life.
>>
fucking do it, roll the dice my friend.
>>
>>17005450
It's not like you'd be losing any love for what you got now.
The big change is scary though
But do want he regret of what could have while doing what you despise
Grab your balls and suck it up
>>
>>17005450

Make it work. There's a guy on YouTube called casey neistat, he's a bit cringe in some ways, but he moved to NYC without a pot to piss in, moved into a place without a job, knowing he would have to get something within the month or he wouldn't be able to pay next months rent. He made it work

I mean worse case scenario you have to move back to your parents

See if you can get a room in Montreal that doesn't have a minimum rental term. I lived in a place in London with no minimum rental term (renting from this dude in his house, he was cool)

Also if you can then hook up the job before moving but it depends on what kind of job it is, some jobs it's easier to be in the location first
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.