[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does God forgive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1459972968754s.jpg (5 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1459972968754s.jpg
5 KB, 238x250
Hey /adv/ does God forgive suicide?
>>
Depends on the God.
>>
>>17004918
Christian God
>>
>>17004921
catholic/protestant/orthodox/other?
>>
>>17004932
Methodist I guess, I don't go to church.
>>
>>17004944
The christian methodists believe that nothing, not even suicide, separates them from the love of god.
>>
>>17004914
Catholic God definitely does not.

My poor grandmother lived to be 96, many years after her quality of life went to shit, because she believed refusing medical care was suicide and that she'd go straight to hell.
>>
>>17004963
>My poor grandmother lived to be 96, many years after her quality of life went to shit, because she believed refusing medical care was suicide and that she'd go straight to hell.

Pretty sure most Atheist/Non believers would do the same too.....
>>
>>17004960
Also, while they don't support suicide, they don't think that people who commit suicide should be condemned.
>>
>>17004921
Tough to say. Within the context of Levantine theology, no one argues that suicide is not a serious sin against God: as you say, the question is one of forgiveness. The classic argument against forgiveness is that you cannot repent for it, and God demands repentance. The classic argument for forgiveness is that it is unfair to hold the actions people take when they aren't in their right minds against them, and God is fair.

I don't have the answer either. But if you are worried about forgiveness, then I am forced to suggest not transgressing in the first place. Then the question of forgiveness is moot.
>>
I know that the Christian God is a merciful God. I want to believe that He gives you one more chance before you pass onto eternity. However I don't think that means you have a green light to do so. I'm sorry you feel this way anon, I feel I should ask why you think suicide is your only way out?
>>
>>17005007
>However I don't think that means you have a green light to do so.

Exactly, god forgives when the temptation is too strong
Not when you go out of your way to sin and don't feel bad about it.
>>
Afaik all mainstream christians consider suicide to be one of the sins those are 100% straight road to hell, since after he commited suicide, it is written that Jude was better not born. However it's not clear, Jude also betrayed Christ and that line may refer to this sin.

Personally I (not christian, but from chrostian family and went to church) don't believe it should be punished as in "you should go to hell only because you commited suicide". Hell, your life must already be pretty shitty if you did it.

Nevertheless, Anon, don't do it. It happens, just don't. please
>>
>>17005007
For my entire 18 years of living I have suffered. For only 2 weeks I wasn't miserable, but then my ex tormented me for a year and everything got much worse. I'm tired, and burnt out. My body aches, my mind is worn, I feel nothing but sadness. Every day seems to pass in a matter of minutes but I feel like I've aged a hundred years. I'm done, but I wonder if my father in heaven would forgive me for discarding the life he gave me, or if I would be doomed to suffer for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>17005048
Have you tried actually going to church and speaking to a priest or at least praying, since you seem to be quite religious?
>>
>>17005055
I haven't got the time, my shitty fast food job saps all my energy and I work most sundays. Also I've found people in churches to be some of the most toxic people.
>>
>>17005062
I don't know how it is in your country, but usually church is opened all week with a priest ready to talk to you. Or maybe there are some evening hours specified on particular workdays.
I can understand your point about toxicity, but there are plenty churches out there, and priests are usually cool and kind dudes. Try it, man.
What about praying?
Keep it up brother
>>
>>17005074
I try to pray every day, when I manage to quiet my mind. I'll try talking to a priest, thank you.
>>
>>17005096
I'm glad if I could help at least a little bit.
Hope you will be ok, also will try praying for you, too
>>
>>17004921
Do eet in a church and find out.
>>
>>17005126
Also, don't actually do eet. Look for help.
>>
>>17005048
You don't have to opt out anon. I feel that you have somewhat of a connection to God. Which is good, don't forget Him.
However you need to grow that connection. God hasn't forgotten you, in fact He loves you. He knows every pain, every struggle you got through. Anon, have you received Jesus as your Lord and savior? I don't ask this to be cliche or poke fun, I'm completely serious. If you haven't, you should.
http://m.wikihow.com/Accept-Jesus-Into-Your-Life
Now I'm not sure if you're aware, but this doesn't mean things will be easy. It doesn't mean your depression will just go away either. But put your faith in Him.

After you've done this you need to find a church, I know they're not all full of great people. But pray about it. You'll find a good church.
It takes hard work anon. But don't give up okay?
>>
>>17005150
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>17004990

We just had a law in Canada pass called "right to die". People don't want to be old uselss incontinent and in pain. They have the right in this country to be euthanized by choice

There was almost no controversy. It is very common for seniors to want to check out.

My own (retired) mother has already logged herself as" do not rescusitate."

She is happy, healthy, and loves life. But in the face of a loss of her independence she wnats out.

It is extremely common, just not talked about.
>>
Try it, then make a post about it. I am kinda curious as well
>>
File: ackchyually.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>17004963
>Catholic God definitely does not.
"The 1997 Catechism of the Catholic Church indicated that the person who committed suicide may not always be fully right in their mind; and thus not one-hundred-percent morally culpable: "Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide." The Catholic Church prays for those who have committed suicide, knowing that Christ shall judge the deceased fairly and justly. The Church also prays for the close relations of the deceased, that the loving and healing touch of God will comfort those torn apart by the impact of the suicide."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_suicide
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.