[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips on getting over that awful feeling you get when someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Any tips on getting over that awful feeling you get when someone you've loved for over a year breaks up with you...
(No joking please...I'm not in the mood for jokes...)
>>
>he fell for gf meme
>>
>>17004680
>>
>>17004679
>>>/p/onychan
>>>/f/acebook
>>>/out/
>>
>>17004680
Perhaps I can shed some light on how bad this is...I felt no anger to that comment. I didn't feel any laughter. I can't. Feel. Anything.
>>
>>17004679
I've never had a girlfriend, but honestly I'd recommend doing something you like. Watch ponies, play a game, drink, whatever you do to take your mind off things.

That said, you'd probably have more luck on /soc/ or /adv/
>>
>>17004682
I don't have facebook.
>>
File: guy.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
i wish i could help you bro, but i've never dated so... sorry.
>>
>>17004679
Just kill yourself
>>
>>17004687
I am considering it...
>>
>>17004688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2p4N7XrpV8
>>
File: DFBTj0a.gif (940 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0a.gif
940 KB, 627x502
>>17004679
Well,

What were the terms of the break up, if that's not too much to ask?
>>
So many people saying I have never dated.

Also I have never dated. Studies first fuckers
>>
>>17004688
Hurry the fuck up then and make sure you live stream it.
>>
>>17004689
I have no idea what is being said.

>>17004690
I honestly don't know why she did...we've been together for over a year...and only now is she saying, "I'm not her type"...

>>17004692
>>
try to do things that make you happy. thats all i can suggest.
>>
>>17004694
K...
>>
>>17004693
dear underage friend,
little and stupid shit seems far more important when youre 16 than it really is. youll get over it. the point of dating it to see how well you each think youll get along for the rest of your lives. obviously she wasnt happy with it.

>>17004695
>namefagging
also dont be such a massive pile of douche about it.

sincerely,
Anonymous

PS. listen to that damn song you faget.
>>
>>17004688
OK.
Honest advice.
Get the fuck out of 4 chan m8.
>>
Also the name is just so you can tell me from the others.
>>
>>17004679
Give vocalization to the absence.
Dwell in that space for a bit.
Get over it and move on until it happens again.

Or you can just skip all that, make like a banana and snap your neck.
>>
>>17004699
Once again...I'm considering it...
>>
>>17004679
>>27004391
the realization that this person wasn't the person you thought they were is what hurts the most, but also where healing begins.

she or he just wasn't the right one. it takes a while to accept that.

that's it basically. they weren't the person you thought they were. it isn't complicated, but it still hurts.

you will find someone else eventually. don't rush it. right now you're not in a position to make any kind of big decision, and if you do you'll probably regret it later. just take some time for yourself to recover. get in contact with the people who care about you. if they do, they will want to help you right now. after you feel better, try to assess if you learned or gained anything from all of this.
>>
>>17004730
They are though...that's the thing...they don't think their good enough...
>>
>>17004730
also, you should probably talk to someone close to you about this immediately. you will feel a lot better if someone is there with you.
>>
>>17004737
people have a lot of reasons for doing what they do. they also don't always tell the truth. for a while, you're not going to be able to stop yourself from wondering why and what could have been different.

you're probably going to go through all the stages of grief, and not necessarily in the usual order.

as someone who has gone through this, where you build your entire life around someone and then they throw you away, I know exactly how you feel.

believe me, there are people out there who have suffered through this, and having been through it themselves they would want help other people going through it.

take some time off to recover, and make sure there are good people around you. remember that while this is probably the worst you have ever felt, this isn't how you feel most of the time. don't make any rash or life-changing decisions.
>>
>>17004769
OK...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.