[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls reject me and no one takes me seriously, what can I possibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 8M3Qb4M.png (61 KB, 697x526) Image search: [Google]
8M3Qb4M.png
61 KB, 697x526
Girls reject me and no one takes me seriously, what can I possibly be doing wrong? All I do now is sit in class reading because no one will talk to me besides to say a few words, I never have actual conversations. I'm tired of this life. I'm not ugly or anything.
>>
Hold on a second while we try to guess everything about you so we can answer your question!
>>
>>17004645
If you're genuinely not ugly, then you're probably socially awkward and/or weird.
>>
>>17004645

>what can i possibly doing wrong?

any number of things. lets start with first impressions. post a picture of yourself. clear ones. if you cant even do that we arent going to help you.
>>
>>17004657
Will people just forever see me as that? I go to college in August so that'll be a new start.
>>
>>17004665
>Will people just forever see me as that? I go to college in August so that'll be a new start.
If you don't work on changing yourself, sure. People used to think I was really fucking weird, but I continued to put myself out there and socialize. Sometimes it went bad, sometimes it went really well. Now I can start conversations with strangers and meet new people with ease.
>>
>>17004665

depends. lets see if its even your problem. its easy to blame it on social awkardness.

but your first impression in text was more pretentious than awkward.

post a pic of yourself and lets see what you look like.
>>
>>17004756
It's probably since I hate people in general and am fed up. I'll pass, but soc gave me 7's. I have no reason to lie here anyway
>>
>>17004945

sure, but /soc/ has reasons to lie. you think its just coincidence that most everyone in those threads is rated between 7-8. its becuase its a safe number a number they can say 'you are totally a 7!' becuase its just attractive enough to not make you angry and negatively rate them in retaliation, but not so hot that they are obviously lying.

if you want objective information, you need to post where people arent trying to get something from you.
>>
>>17004964
Fine, I'll bite. I'm not underage plz no bully
>>
>>17005015

filters and big nose aside, you are actually REALLY cute. id take you out for sushi in an instant.

if i had to guess, your big issue is your pretentiousness.
>>
>>17005024
I.. Guess you're right. How do I stop being so resentful? Also it's just a shitty lighting, I don't have filtering stuff since I have no social media.
>>
>>17005039

i dont know your life so its hard to say. the first step is consciously acknowledging that different does not equal bad or wrong. its just different. people arent bad for having different interests, they arent dumber or worse, they are just different.

if you have one of those 'im smarter than these assholes' kind of attitudes, maybe consider the following. if you are too smart to be friends with everyone around you, but you obviously arent THAT smart if you are in class with them instead of somewhere prestigious, than you are basically saying that you are magically the cut off point for what is acceptable intelligence. in your attempts to stroke your ego you have decided that you are the lowest level smart person in the entire world.

realize that dumb people can be fun, and funny, and actually nice. being dumb isn't that bad.

only other advice i can give with what limited details you give is to reach out. a lot of people expect everyone to approach them and befriend them. dont stop at conversating. dont stop at handing out your number. it is up to you to call those people and ask to hang out. after that point you can give them a bit more responsbiity. by then they realize YOU are genuinely interested in them, and if they are in you they will make the effort.

but you cant expect the entire world to call you first.
>>
>>17005053
That makes sense, I just feel like I'm super intimidating (I'm not edgy I promise). People would always say things like "Don't fuck with anon he'll shoot you". People also think I'm going to be some future conquerer of the world, just because I'm German, don't talk and read a lot. It strokes my ego I guess but no one talks to me. I've tried continuously to talk to people over and over again but I'd always be the one initiating it. I've never even held hands with a girl or have been invited to a party. Just rejections and excuses.
>>
You gotta talk first, people won't talk to you, you want to make a friend talk to them and be confident, think of it his way if it doesn't work, so what?
>>
>>17005076

i think you have a REALLLLL different view of how people see you. and you frame it positively, and thats your problem.

when someone says 'dont fuck with anon he'll shoot you' they arent saying that you are this awesome intimidating guy who doesnt take shit from anyone. they are saying you are the creepy kind of mother fucker who they imagine does school shootings. thats never been a compliment.

it sounds like you are projecting a lot of what you want people to think of you onto smaller comments that you might have planted for them to say, or even just things actual friends have said in some degree of jest (because no one honestly says with conviction that their friend is going to take over the world) and you are assuming everyone thinks that way. when most people dont really think about you, and the few who do just think of you as an extra, and the few hwo truly notice see you as this guy who tries to have a bad attitude. cuz you dont develop a 'anon will shoot you' claim without being, well, edgy.

you are cute. so you are halfway there. workout so you grow from twink to twunk, and just focus on things you ahve fun, and seeing what other people think are fun.

and again, put yourself out there. dont expect people to come looking for you.
>>
>>17005091
I guess so, I'll just consider my highschool career a loss and skip the prom. I'll work to not be a creep in college. Thanks anon
>>
>>17005111

>highschool

this explains so much. sooo mch. yeah, you are being edgy. dont worry my little jailbait boyfriend, you will learn in college.

dont skip prom. if you have any friends at all, go with them and just have fun. if there's any girl that wants to go, go as friends so you have someone to dance with. its not a big deal, but its fun.
>>
>>17005124
I wouldn't enjoy it at all, and the only female I'm interested in rejected me saying she just wants to be friends. We haven't spoken since. Even if I went I'd just stand in the corner by myself.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.