[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just lost my job at burger King and I have no income to help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1zefloy-5575cb0f2b884.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1zefloy-5575cb0f2b884.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
Just lost my job at burger King and I have no income to help my mom with the rent. I also dropped out my only class at a community college.

I have been applying to every job I can think of but no results....all I have to my name is my HS diploma and my experience as a cashier. My gf lives with us and she's working and going to school.

I cannot help but feel totally useless. I have zero skills I can put down on my resume since I have had only one job.

Help /adv/ I'm starting trade school in September but I need to help pay rent. I am skilled with computers but that's not helping me so far.
>>
First off, congratulations on trade school. This sounds like an excellent choice for you.

As far as looking for jobs, apply everywhere. Make it a mission. Apply online where you can, go in where you can. If you're from even a small city you should be able to find a job, at the very least, washing dishes.

What you need is the drive to go out and find a job. At your level, they're available, you just have to go get one.
>>
looks like its about time to start sucking dicks in a trailer
>>
>>17004276
I enjoyed college but I need money to live on my own. Do you have any experience with trade school?
>>
Are you 'merican? Could always take out student loans, but that would require going back to college and waiting for the money.
>>
>>17004260
Are you getting interviews? If not work on your Resume.
>>
>>17004305
I almost got hired at home depot but I failed their drug test( I stupidilysmoked the day before my interview) I have been beating myself over it too.
>>
>>17004320
Your gonna need to stop smoking whatever it is that you are smoking then. That'll be a first step.
Was that the only interview you got? How many applications did you send out?
>>
how do guys like you even get girlfriends, you better be thanking your god every night
>>
>>17004662
? I just treat her right and she sees me trying for jobs. I mean I literally stay up until 2 am applying and I wake up the next day and make her breakfast ect...
>>
>>17004260

sounds like you need to lose your girlfriend she's distracting you
>>
>>17004260

How the fuck did you lose your goddamn job at Burger King?

Seriously, you need to reflect on life and the kind of effort you're putting into your day-to-day job unless they closed your location or something.

Plus you smoked weed and didn't get a job at Home Depot? First, put down the fucking joint. You're also clearly not looking for skilled work, so stop "staying up until 2 AM applying," and leave the house and go hand out resumes or apply in person.

Dress professionally or at least in a button down and some pants that aren't jeans or shorts.
>>
>>17004260

You do have skills.
>Customer service
>Communication skills
>Leadership
>Cash handling
>Issue resolution
Business relationship building (yes, you can say your great attitude at burger king helped them gain repeat customers)
>ability to work alone or as part of a team
>friendly, enthusiastic attitude

You can say all those things any more. Maybe they aren't all true, but you can connect those things to working at BK. I turned working at a discount store into a career in finances with confidence, tricky wording and a strong resume.

If you are doing in person applications, make sure you ask for the manager when you turn it in. You might get a job on the spot.
>>
>>17004260
There is a lot of room for questions and priorities where your background is concerned, but since this is bout getting you a job where you can pay some rent until you start school, lets concentrate there.

Don't narrow your choices based on your youthful resume/lack of skills. You're growing, and you're going to develop. Don't sweat that right now. Like Lao Tzu wrote "If you're anxious, you're living in the future."

Your job right now, is getting a job. The trades and services are what you need to get into.
>carpet cleaning
>warehouse
>pest control
>roofing
That kind of stuff. Your attitude is that you've got hands, you've got a car, you can be on time, and you can get the job done and you're willing to learn. Don't forget to make some friends along the way.
>>
>>17004260
have you tried staffing agencies- if they are in your area? You said you were going to school, if there was a way to get back in would you consider work study? That's an option to do school and a job right at the campus.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.