[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreaming and "deja vu" - am I a nutter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1446772588072.jpg (12 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1446772588072.jpg
12 KB, 400x267
I'm sort of afraid about asking about this in real life out of fear of seeming like some sort of schizophrenic. So I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone occasionally get the feeling they've already done what they've done before? Do you occasionally get dreams that give you a glimpse into the future, and when that moment comes you're like.. oh yeah. I remember dreaming about this.

I don't think I'm crazy. But I keep having dreams of events that happen in the future. Sometimes the next day, sometimes months ahead. I can't be the only one.
>>
>>17004238
yes. when i go to new places, i often feel that i've dreamed about being there before. idk i guess it's just a coincidence though, doubt i can actually see the future lol.
>>
You're not the only one, OP. Don't have any answers for you, though.
>>
File: 1445211615928.png (82 KB, 191x197) Image search: [Google]
1445211615928.png
82 KB, 191x197
>mfw every decision in your life has already been predetermined and you're just a spectator
>>
Yeah, i get that often. Usually it's a weird moment that seems oddly familiar. Then something small goes different than in my "memory" and it breaks the "spell". It's pretty eerie...
>>
>>17004238
It happened to me a couple of times. I dreamt my friend couldn't hang out with me because he went to watch a movie with his father (who was generally never there) and it actually happened a few months later.

My father had a dream that someone stole his car and the next day a man actually tried to steal it. Apparently my aunt (father's sister) dreamt as a kid that her father and her neighbour's father died at the same time and it happened.

It's really weird because I don't know how it's possible for our dreams to tell the future, so I guess it's just coincidences?
>>
This happened to me as a child and during puberty then stopped
>>
>>17004238
no you arent going nuts. it does happen. i will get to a place and wow ive been here before. and yet seeing it for the first time ive heard deja vu is "psychic ability" but dont quote me its more like lucid dreaming, cue the song:
>que sera sera, what ever will be, will be
>the futures not ours to see
>que sera sera
>>
Op dont listen to these people and dont be the spectret.

Someone is doing black magic on you and making your life decision.

Im schriziphrenic to. I know these people are doing shit to me that i dont need. So im not going to be like them hiding in a underground cave until dawn.
>>
>>17004238

you re not alone. i even remembered saying 'this happened before'.

you arent crazy. its such a common experience that they named it deja vu so we an all talk about it without feeling like were crazy psychics.

the closest answer science has is that our brains are imperfect. we have two storage types for memory. short term, and long term.

sometimes a moment accidentally becomes a 'long term' memory instantly. which means that as soon as it happens it feels like it happened before. interesting, but theres no real answer.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.