[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a man, how can I stop being a pathetic sack of shit? I went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 750x1334
As a man, how can I stop being a pathetic sack of shit?

I went to the gym for a while but I'm convinced that just working out doesn't alone make you a man

How do I become a man with gigantic gonads and half an ounce of self respect?
>>
>>17004095
Stop caring.
Learn to take an L, while not being emotional about it.
Work on making your posture better.
Get good at what you do, or begin something new and try and master it.
>>
>>17004095
If you don't have a job: get one.

That will give you confidence and money.
>>
>>17004129
>Stop caring
No but I do care. I care very much about the fact that I have been bullied my whole fucking life because I'm just not fucking strong enough.

>>17004132
Ironically I am NEET now, BUT I quit my last job (office job) precisely because it made me feel like a fucking useless beta faggot male.

A job where you are a code monkey destined to be the slave of "decision makers" for your entire working life does NOT give you confidence.
>>
>Ironically I am NEET now

I figured as much.
>>
>>17004208

You didn't read the next bit

I was just bullied around in my job because I'm a pathetic sack of shit

Therefore, job =/= confidence
>>
>>17004245
I assume you want respect from the people around you. A lot of self-help books cover the topic of respect, so you might try cracking open one of them.
>>
>>17004646
But that's not manly. Lifting weights and banging chicks is manly.

Maybe i know too much? Maybe I know too much of the truth? I'm just too fucking smart because I know what the real truth is, and it is that if you are not a virile man with high testosterone levels then you are a beta pathetic fuck, a runt, you are emasculated, you are nothing, you are impotent, girls will laugh at you, men will laugh at you, you will be everybody else's bitch until the day that you end your pathetic existence.
>>
Respect from comes with good attittude. Being a downer/mean/depressive/venomous type never gets you popular. It´s everything - posture, expression, what you say (even to yourself), how you say it.

Being a NEET doesn´t help you practice that, reading up on psychology/body language, learning from other people and practicing what you learn does ;) First step is adding a smile when you talk to people ;) goes a long way

Of course self respect from anything (good job skills, hobbies, being fit, stylish etc.) help with that too.
>>
File: justin-bieber-300.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
justin-bieber-300.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
>>17004742
Lifting weights and banging chicks makes you a man?
>>
>>17004747
I just want to become more masculine

I want to have bigger muscles

I want to throw my fucking weight around

I want to be one of the lads

I want to be able to get girls

I want to be fucking respected by people including myself

I can't respect myself if I'm a small, dweeby, pathetic faggot
>>
>>17004775
Well for muscles etc. go to gym.

But as a girl, I have to tell you, muscles don´t get girls, it´s the whole combo I wrote out before.

Muscles don´t get you respect. They just show you take care of yourself quite a bit.

Achievements, skills and such do and if you can pair that with a good physique, then all the better.
>>
>>17004095

the definition of man, masculinity, and what warrants respect varies.

the biggest questions are 'what do you want to do'. then pursue them.

working out alone may not make you a man but that doesnt mean you should stop working out. there is no one activity that will make you a man.

i dont worry about labels. i know what i want to do, i do the best fucking job and push myself to do better.
>>
File: bill-gates.jpg (30 KB, 770x476) Image search: [Google]
bill-gates.jpg
30 KB, 770x476
>>17004775
>>
>>17004765
Yes it does and why have you posted a picture of a boy? Or is that a girl I can't even tell

>>17004808
Okay yes it's not just muscles in themselves

But admit it that if you see some big alpha motherfucker, like some army guy, 6'2", well built, clearly in charge of shit, knows how to make things happen, has the respect of his peers and colleagues, you're going to find him attractive

>>17004810
But it doesn't

Higher T levels equals more pronounced masculine features like a bigger dick, bigger muscles, taller, hairier, more pronounced jaw, chin, Adams apple. This is biology and no matter how much you want to insulate yourself from the truth, the truth does not change.

>>17004813
He's a man because he didn't listen to other people and did his own shit, but he's not that much a man. Also he had the benefit of a very well educated family behind him. And he just got lucky. He's not a man to aspire to be because you can't recreate what he did (no one else has)
>>
>>17004836

>but it doesnt

what doesn't?
>>
>>17004836

If I see a guy, who is respected by people and knows how to get things done, it indicates he knows a lot, has charisma and a lot to offer as a person.

I´ve never seen a "big built alpha motherfucker" to be all that. Those guys are only about themselves (care too much about their own physique), simple minded and too busy not thinking about anything. And girls (at least as far as I know) generally find them less desirable ;) That being said, people, who take care of themselves (just not overly) are attractive in general.

I´m just saying that you won´t achieve what you want just by building your muscles. Your personality/skills must go along with it.
>>
>>17004836
I'm afraid to tell you then, that by your definition of a man, a man has to be born tall and have a big dick. If you lost the genetic lottery, you're a loser boy faggot forever, sorry to say. Did you need advice on something?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.