[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw massive blister and four 10-12 hour work days starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160406_082126389.jpg (623 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_082126389.jpg
623 KB, 918x1632
>tfw massive blister and four 10-12 hour work days starting tomorrow
what should I do?
>>
>>17003632
Pop it
>>
>>17003638
Use a sterile needle to lance and drain it. Then disinfect the wound, put on neosporin, and cover it with a large bandage. Bring a couple replacement bandages to work but hopefully you will get a decent bandage and your socks will keep it on.
>>
>>17003638
I don't want it to get infected or something though, that would be even worse
>>
>>17003642
ok, fuck it I'll pop it. I don't have neosporin though, so I'll just pop it, peroxide it, and bandage
>>
Be careful, i almost lost my finger to an infection when i popped one, you can, but be aware that you HAVE to keep it clean, bring some soap with you and wash it if it feels sweaty or wrong dont doubt to go wash it and change band aids
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 343x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 343x350
>>17003632
Learn how to buy proper work shoes, you mong.
>>
also for future reference, wearing thicker socks will help prevent blisters. it will make your shoes a bit tighter but will cushion your feet. idk if you want to put on a super thick sock and jam your blistered foot into a tighter shoe though.

but yeah if the area around the blister starts to feel warmer than the surrounding skin, go to a doctor.
>>
Drain it today and bandage it up tightly for work. Bring extra bandages
>>
Lance it with a sterile needle, sterilize it, and put lots of gauze/padding over the wound. Get some moleskin if you can, and use it to make a pad around the area so it doesn't get worse from more rubbing
>>
>>17003695
Also, wear two layers of socks so the friction is between the socks and not the sock and skin.
>>
>>17003672
it's hard to find shoes which are comfortable, slip resistant (a necessity in a kitchen), and within my budget
>>17003691
I was wearing thick socks when I got the blister
>>
>>17003708
then see >>17003699

also your feet will toughen up with time.
>>
you look like an overall dirty person

Try improving your hygiene
>>
>>17003650
No!!! Don't pop it!!!

Just get blister bandages or moleskin and wear good, breathable socks.

Fuck, people. You don't pop that shit and then have foot in shoe for 4 days. Begging for infection.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.