[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job interview halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: the-office-michael-scott-main.jpg (182 KB, 1500x1028) Image search: [Google]
the-office-michael-scott-main.jpg
182 KB, 1500x1028
Got a Job interview lined up for Friday. Wondering if I can get any advice.
It's for Management trainee 2 months then whatever. They expect leadership qualities and all that you can expect in a management job.
Problem is I suffer from stage-freight and get nervous and shaky infront of people. That's with oral presentations atleast, though it's all the same I guess.
Finding a decent paying job is tough so I applied for alot and willing to take the chance
Tl:dr Sperg want's advice for a managerial job involving some form of leadership
>>
You can show strong leadership even if you have bad public speaking skills. It's the most common fear, most people don't like doing it. Just fake it despite being uncomfortable, say what you need to say and get it done, if you can do that your ahead of most people who can't even make the attempt.
>>
bamp...
>>
>>17003634
Easy peesy then I guess. Got any interview tip's?
>>
>>17003618
The best advice I can give you is "just enjoy it". Enjoy the interview.

Yes, this may change the direction of your professional career. Yes, this is a test. Yes, this is binary as it can either go wrong or get you the job. But so is every other interview. You are not going to die if you fail, so keeping these things in mind all the time during the interview will only play against you. In fact, no-one can be successful at every interview in his life. Just forget it, enjoy the experience.

Think in your future you, think in this interview as experience and what you are going to let to your future self. This will be help you to not make the same mistakes again, if you make any. So give yourself a good experience and not some shitty interview where you won't be able to advice yourself what to do better next time.

Not to mention that if you actually enjoy it you will give a better impression of yourself.
>>
>>17003773
The last interview I had the interviewee asked me why I needed the job or something like that. I instantly thought of how I needed it to try help support my mom and all. So I like paused for a moment or so and answered I something I can't remember. But I atleast learned from that that I need to be more open I think. I feel like personal life and problem's aren't really anyone's business. Thanks for the advice. Feel abit more confident now
>>
>>17003618
Are you worried about the actual interview part? Do some jogging before hand
>>
I always think that an interview is a two-way street. They are not only looking for you, but you also are looking for them too. See it as conversation instead of being judged or criticized.

Show interest and don't be afraid to tell them that you are nervous. If you are unsure about something just keep the answer short.

Asking question about them is a good sign, so prepare list of questions to them. It means you want to know more of them and you have the initiative to know what you're getting yourself into.
>>
>>17003618
My uncle used to be in charge of the hiring at a decent sized company and I asked him once what were some things he looked for and he said: shirt tucked in and showing up for the interview on time.
>>
you're going to have to stop caring about the job to a certain extent. If you're in a place where if you get the job, great, if you don't, no big deal - then you won't place so much weight on the interview, you won't be nervous, you won't lock up.

literally; not caring is the answer
>>
>>17003799
That's the easiest question that they could ask you. They just want to hear that you want to progress in your professional career, don't give any detail about your personal life they don't give a shit.

I would answer "I enjoy doing [insert task here], I want to progress. I do the 200% of what I should and I want a company that demands me the 400%" and so on.
>>
>>17003806
Seriously... Getting one is kinda hard>>17003810
... Only gave out like 50 though in my years
>>17003810
Ask them question's? I honestly can't think of anything pertinent besides arranging transport cause it's a good 20-30 kilometers away. Petrol's a bitch
>>17003812
Opportunity is the problem... It's better then getting a wage job. but I see your point
>>17003811
>>17003839
Thanks a bunch. I'll take that to mind
>>
>>17004027
>Seriously... getting one is kinda hard
Yes, seriously. Sperg masterrace here. I know what I'm talking about. Jogging or working out, quick fap then a cold shower. It raises your endorphins, jumps the jitters out, puts you in a great mood, and you'll exude confidence. Also, get some supplements and maybe drink some Gatorade. Stay healthy and hydrated in combination with the aforementioned suggestions and you'll show up in rare form. Good luck, OP
>>
>>17003740

Have at least 3 questions for after the interview. Try not to say "um" a lot. Since it's Management Trainee, you definitely want to wear a tie. Look up the company beforehand so you know what you're talking about. Show up at least 10 minutes early (if your interview is at 10, be there by 9:50 at the latest) when they ask "tell me about yourself" don't ramble on about your dakimakura collection, just talk about where you went to school, relevant normie hobbies without going to into detail, where you worked previously, etc.

Most importantly, be relaxed, but attentive.
>>
>>17004027
Then you better start thinking about those questions.

I am not asking you to be a smart ass or show yourself like someone who is in control (which I think is a nice way to show yourself); it's about knowing what you are getting yourself into. If you don't care about whatever you do and accept any job that is thrown at you then don't ask anything.

Hope they'll pay for your transport.
>>
>>17004096
I'll remember that thanks. I was asked that once and didn't know where to start thanks.
>>17004069
I'll be sure to get may Alpha hormones up before hand
>>17004097
I'll actually try asking about that
Wow you don't know how much this is helping me guys. Thanks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.