[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going through a break up right now, the girl left me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: not-gf.jpg (78 KB, 728x485) Image search: [Google]
not-gf.jpg
78 KB, 728x485
I'm going through a break up right now, the girl left me for a guy, and I have to see her everyday and hear her talk about how cute he is right in front of me, and it hurts so fucking much because I still love her, we dated for 1 year and 11 months, this month was our anniversary. She dumped me via text message, saying that it wasn't "her fault", I didn't knew about the guy, I heard about it later from a friend and she confirmed it.
She's treating me like shit, she doesn't want to talk with me anymore or have anything related with me, when literally 20 days ago she told me I was the best she has ever had in her life.
I'm trying to talk to her so I can vent, not even get back together, but she just won't. I get that she doesn't have to talk to me, but I've treated her with so much respect and love it seems way beyond unfair.
I don't know what to do at all, how can I get over it?
>>
>>17003348
>I have to see her everyday and hear her talk about how cute he is right in front of me
>she doesn't want to talk with me anymore or have anything related with me

coworkers ?
>>
File: 1450814763704.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1450814763704.gif
3 MB, 267x199
>>17003348
Hi brother,
I have found myself in a similar situation to yours actually.
4 years ago, I lived in the same building as her, same workplace etc..
I saw her everyday, and she dumped me for a former friend,
also working and living in the same place.

It was the most difficult 6 months of my life, not joking.
Every new day was worse than the last, with watching them
being all gf+bf in front of me.
It got physical at some points with the former friend,
but it didn't make anything better or worse.

To get over it, you have to be OK with the fact that you're not together anymore,
and never will be. And I mean by that, you have to rid yourself of all the shitty
thoughts you get when thinking of her.
Now this isn't easy, and not something you can just suddenly do.
That is the psychological answer.

The other answer sadly is time.
After my horrible 6 months were over, it took me 3 more years to finally be alright
with everything that'd happened.
Venting to her or complaining to other people in general will not help much.

What have you tried doing so far?
There are of course some do's and don't's
Talk to us instead :)
>>
>>17003360
Yes.
>>17003380
I don't think it's going to take me that long, she never was a good girlfriend.
I'm moving to a new place by the end of next month and I'm pretty exited about it, also I'm picking healthier habits, like doing exercise.
My girlfriend was very important to me, I never wanted to feel any physical contanct with anyone until I met her, we developed very strong feelings for each other, and I compromised with everything she wanted, and suddendly everything went downhill. I don't like blaming people, but it has always been her fault.

Reading your experience made me have some hope back, so thanks a lot :)
>>
File: 1435009715212.gif (2 MB, 347x249) Image search: [Google]
1435009715212.gif
2 MB, 347x249
>>17003396
Exercise, very good.
Do it even more often if you can.
Set some goals.

Getting out of her AoE is very helpfull.
I will also recommend cutting all forms of contact with her, block facebook etc..

Who's fault it was isn't very important at all,
but as you write yourself
> I compromised with everything she wanted, and suddendly everything went downhill.
It might be your fault shit went sour because of what you wrote first there, but we're entering an extremely deep subject here, so I won't go further into it here. Physchology+Womens brains is crazy.

I'm glad my story could help you,
please let me know if you're wondering about anything.
>>
>>17003420
I'm actually a girl, so yeah, double crazy.
How did you avoid them? And also, does meeting new people help?
>>
>>17003428
oh shit, disregard all my advice then.
I don't believe this works the same way for women.

Just go out and have fun, thats what girls do the best.
>>
File: 1435009881758.gif (2 MB, 340x202) Image search: [Google]
1435009881758.gif
2 MB, 340x202
>>17003428
But to answer your question anyway,
I avoided them physically as much as possible.
Like standing up and leaving when they arrived at the table in the bar I was sitting at etc..
One time that didn't help though, they followed me to another bar and made out in front of me
there as well, even after my mates told them to leave me alone.
That's when shit got ugly. When diplomacy fails, war is the fucking answer.

Meeting new people didn't help me much, because I couldn't stay focused in the moment.
Was always just thinking about her.
But I'm a lone wolf by nature, so I was better off alone.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.