[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've come to realize that a lot of the major fights me and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1446868816811.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446868816811.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I've come to realize that a lot of the major fights me and my girlfriend of 3 years have had stemmed from her being on her period, I don't know why I didn't see this sooner, these fights don't occur frequently so the time between them makes me forget the details of the last one but when I think back I can distinctly remember after making up and apologizing she will say something along the lines of her realizing she is on her period which she believes is a strong contributor to the the fight.

The problem here is that I usually am not aware she is "pms'ing" so to me she just looks fucking insane and i'm confused out of my mind with how she manages to flip something small into an argument.

I'm looking for advice for dealing with this as I feel like it's the one thing I don't like about my girlfriend, she is near perfect the rest of the month and we get along fine. I cant sympathize so it makes it hard for me to understand what she's going through and I will often get defensive when she blows up out of nowhere, she acts irrationally, depressed and will cry at the drop of a hat. She will often apologize profusely after we make up and I forgive her but it is very draining sometimes and can ruin an entire day which otherwise could have been spent relaxing. I fear over time I will grow to resent her because of this.
>>
dude. the most important thing when in a realtionship is using a way of documenting her cycle... there are a ton of apps. you can even get some with pms'ing allerts. it's a fucking life saver!
>>
>>17003172
oh, just DON'T tell her "calm down, you are just pms'ing." her emotions are VERy real to her atm. she will accuse you of not taking her serious or being sexist. try to just keep difficult topics for other times. and cut her some slack if she is prone to overreacting.
>>
>>17003141
Have you never heard of PMS? It is a very real physical condition resulting from askew hormones. Some women get it light, some are bed-ridden with cramps and pain, some get painful breasts, some get weepy, some get bitchy. There is no "cure".

Take note of her cycle and give her a lot of space in the week before she's due.
>>
Is she on any birth control? That can help stabilize her symptoms. I never used to believe in PMS until I was temporarily placed on estrogen replacement (bleeding issue). I felt like I was losing my mind. Little things would set me off in a fit of anger.
>>
Best solution discovered after ~20 years...

She acts and speaks nonsense and tries to bait into a massive fight ..

Take a breath, look at her as if you like her lots and say shall we speak about this in a day or two.

It has become code for 'You are PMS-ing'
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.