[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I emotionally immature/shallow/etc. ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: KL2v4Be.gif (468 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
KL2v4Be.gif
468 KB, 500x240
I kinda developed a small crush on this girl. There a few problems. A) she doesn't like me back B) technically I shouldn't like her either because we're too different for a relationship work. (She's an outdoorsy extrovert that's kind of a bigot, I'm none of those things). She is very pretty tho and that's what is bothering me. I feel very shallow for developing a small crush on her, despite rationally knowing that she's a person I wouldn't be able to like, if she was less attractive.

So, am I shallow for liking her, even tho I shouldn't? If so, how do I fix myself?
>>
>>17002843
Fucking bigots am I right?? Let me guess that dumb bitch is voting for trump?? She should know that shes on the wrong side of history, and only delaying progress.
>>
>>17002847
Nah, I'm European. She just has some really weird views about gay people. She's not even a hardcore Christian or anything.
>>
>>17002851
Not very tolerant of her Tbh. She should follow Merkel's teachings and be a better, more accepting woman.
>>
>>17002856
You being unaccepting of her views is just as bad as her being unaccepting of gay's views.
"She should follow Merkel's teachings and be a better, more accepting woman"
=
"She should follow Jesus's teachings and be a better, more godly woman"
>>
>>17002862
I'm pretty sure that person is not being serious.
>>
>>17002865
I'm being dead serious. I'm just fucking sick and tired of all the old fashioned people. We are so damn close to the space age, and people like Trump are holding our progress back.
>>
>>17002868
Ok- that's fine but don't hide behind the label of "accepting and open minded" when you're not.

Call yourself "progressive" or "liberal" instead.

I'm old fashioned, but open minded and accepting.
I don't think gayness is good because I was raised to believe that it was a sin- but I know that I'm not perfect either and I'm trying to get better. and it's not my place to condemn or judge people. Gay people can do as they'd like, and my views should not limit their personal freedoms and rights as Americans. Just because someone is gay does not mean that they are a bad person, and I have a lot of good friends who identify as gay or bisexual. I think that their opinions and choices are theirs to have, and I don't try to convince them or shame them for who they are/what they believe.

You are just as bad as the Christians who go around playing god and condemning people.
Don't call yourself open minded if you are going to summerize, judge, and dehumanize people who don't share your opinions. That's increadibly disrespectful
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.