[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian /adv/ice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: grapes.jpg (9 KB, 236x145) Image search: [Google]
grapes.jpg
9 KB, 236x145
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

Join us for some live prayer and worship!
https://www.youtube.com/user/IHOPkc/live
>>
File: psalms.jpg (8 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
psalms.jpg
8 KB, 240x174
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

There is always hope in Christ Jesus. He is God and He died on the cross for your sins and mine. This is how much He loves you. Believe upon His name and you shall be saved. Strive through the narrow gate. Having love with Satan is short-lasting. The Love of God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit) is everlasting to everlasting. There is no Greater Love than this. Repent of your sins and turn to Jesus

Get in the Spirit and follow Jesus. It is said in His Word, "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (1 Timothy 3:16-17). That's why it is important to read the Bible cover-to-cover and depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2023
>>
I've been praying to god for a gf for about 3 months now, with no results.

what's the fucking point
>>
File: seed.jpg (8 KB, 236x207) Image search: [Google]
seed.jpg
8 KB, 236x207
>>17002122
Jesus said, "...seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you." (Matthew 6:33b)

Seek what His Will is in your life. God is always right. I can guarantee you that from my own experience. There are certain thing He denies, just as a loving father denies his children from being spoiled. There is a reason and certain things must happen before certain things can occur: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Remember in the Bible where it says, "...the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid. And with joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." (Matthew 13:44b). What does it profit a man if he forfeits his soul yet gains the entire world? Ask Solomon what it was like to have everything that his heart desired

Get on your knees and cry out to Jesus. Repent for He is coming soon. Be thankful for all that you have and content in all things. Read the Bible cover-to-cover. Release forgiveness to those that have hurt you in the past and pray for them
>>
>>17001582
hi friend!
i love when I see christianity threads on 4chan
>>
>>17001582
So are you here to ask for advice, or just to try to condescendingly "help" people?
>>
File: baptise.jpg (13 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
baptise.jpg
13 KB, 243x300
>>17002245
Greetings and blessings to you kind anon! Remember Jesus is always there for you. We all need to repent and turn to Him. I thought of this passage just for you

The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)

Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
>>
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think most Christians seeking advice on 4chan KNOW the Bible, OP, and they know what Jesus has to say about all sorts of things, but I think if a Christian is going to ask advice in a thread like this, he just wants the support and maybe some practical advice from fellow believers.

Throwing around Bible verses is only going to help so much, and is only apart of what the disciples devoted themselves to. They also, according to Acts 2:42, devoted themselves to fellowship, sharing in meals, and prayer.

Since we can't really share in meals, let's continue to pray for each others and spend time in a thread like this just chatting - about life, our struggles, and our walks with Christ. I'm not saying "NEVER POST THE BIBLE" but I'm just saying most of us that are going to profess Christ on 4chan are going to know the Bible already.

Regardless, monitoring this thread.
>>
File: scroll.jpg (176 KB, 924x1386) Image search: [Google]
scroll.jpg
176 KB, 924x1386
>>17002265
I am giving Christian advice straight from the Word of God: "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." (Matthew 11:15). Everybody should, and Christians especially need, to read the Bible cover-to-cover: http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/reading-plans/

>>17002286
When you open the book of Anne Frank what do you expect to read? You Christians better wake up and start reading the Bible for both books are for real. In some places it will become harder and harder to do this

In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. (1 Thessalonians 5:18-20)
>>
Where does OP get all these weird Christian/Jewish coloring book pages?
>>
>>17002305
>Everybody should, and Christians especially need, to read the Bible cover-to-cover: http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/reading-plans/
That's the best way to make atheists. Thank you, OP.
>>
So turns out my mother is militantly pro-abortion and threatened to kick me out if I argue for the preservation of human life.
It makes me sick to think my own mother actually supports the killing of children, and in all honestly she probably considered killing me since my conception wasn't planned, although she told me she didn't "have to answer that" when I asked her point blank.
I really don't want to live here anymore honestly, as I can't stand by and live from the support of a mother that doesn't value the life of children. The problem is that I'm a college student and I don't have anywhere else to go. Not sure how to deal with this, as it seems it would be unethical to stay, but in leaving I would screw up any chance at reaching the future I'm headed toward.
What the hell should I do?
>>
>>17002397
>That's the best way to make atheists. Thank you, OP.
Yeah, that's why most people in the US are atheists. Oh wait...
>>
>>17002422
Before OP comes in with a KJV Bible verse about how wicked your mom is, let me give you my two cents.

I am, as you are, adamantly opposed to what your mother supports and believes. However, we're told in the Bible to honor our moms and dads - even if they're totally wrong and even opposed to God himself. To honor doesn't mean to agree with, or even like all the time. It does mean, though, to respect and love.

Even though y'all don't agree, I would stay where you are, just for the financial security and because a difference in morals is going to happen in your life, no matter the person - doesn't mean you can't get along.

Also, this verse helps me when dealing with difficult parents:

Psalm 27:10 - Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.
>>
File: hank.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>17002422
Your story brings this testimony to mind. Although it's not the same situation, I hope this helps and will pray for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QC3SH1Vbe4
>>
>>17002436
>Yeah, that's why most people in the US are atheists. Oh wait...
Not many Christians in the US read the bible cover to cover or take the time to think about certain atrocities committed by god. I live in the bible belt and I'm surrounded by these people. But anyone I've ever known, who truly put thought and effort into the bible, became non-religious or turned to an alternative religion.
>>
>>17002437
>a difference in morals is going to happen in your life, no matter the person - doesn't mean you can't get along.
I'm used to dealing with this as all my best friends are atheists, agnostics, or muslims, but it just feels different in this case.
My mother is supposed to be an example of the good I am supposed to follow and is supposed to protect me and my sister. For her to say that it's okay to kill children disgusts and hurts me in a way I haven't really ever felt before. If it was any other issue I could deal with it, but I just can't accept someone arguing for the killing of innocent human beings, especially if that person is a mother.
Posting about this and discussing it in some way helps, but I still don't know if it's justifiable for me to stay in a home where there is such a blatant disregard for human life on the part of someone that is so integral to my own life.
>>17002442
Thanks, I'll watch it and hopefully it will help me move past this in some way.
>>
>>17002464
>Not many Christians in the US read the bible cover to cover
Regular churchgoers have mostly read the bible through at least once. Those who call themselves Christian but don't practice it in any way may or may not have read it, but they can hardly be put into the same religious category as those who practice devoutly.
>But anyone I've ever known, who truly put thought and effort into the bible, became non-religious or turned to an alternative religion.
This is either bullshit or you haven't met many people.
>>
File: chooselife.jpg (6 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
chooselife.jpg
6 KB, 189x266
>>17002383
Good News Bible http://www.goodnewsbible.com/

>>17002494
I have to go now, but this verse just came to my mind

Jesus was telling the prophet Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you were born I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)

You are here for a reason. God put you here for a reason. You weren't a mistake, I can guarantee you that. God has a special purpose for you, but we need to seek His face, just as God told the Israelites to seek His face, "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face..." (2 Corinthians 7:14a). Faith without works is dead. Pray, read the Bible cover-to-cover, repent of your sins and PRAY for those who hurt you. Release forgiveness unto them just as your Father in Heaven releases forgiveness unto you: Then Peter came to him and said, “Lord, how many times must I forgive my brother who sins against me? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “Not seven times, I tell you, but seventy-seven times! (Matthew 18:21-22)

In that testimony, the man prayed for his step-father and he later came around to loving his step-son and coming to Christ Jesus. I pray the same thing will happen for your mother. There is always hope in Jesus Christ
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.