[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over disliking other people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1448721680321.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1448721680321.gif
414 KB, 520x520
For a long time I thought I had simply grown out of holding resentment for other people. I'm a senior in university and haven't really felt lingering dislike since I was in high school. I've got a lot of emotional flaws, fear of intimacy, pathological lying, overall insecurity, but hate seemed like something that I had just conquered.

Then I started working at starbucks. I could probably go on a several paragraph rant about two of my co-workers but I really don't want to indulge in that kind of emotion. In short, I have so much disdain for them that sometimes I just imagine cutting them or watching them burn up in flames. That's seriously not healthy and I really dislike myself for letting thoughts like that enter my head but oh god do that happen often

Maybe its because I'm just not used to disliking people I work with and are stuck around for multiple hours at a time. I don't know, how should I approach these feelings and go back to when they weren't a part of my life?
>>
oh
>>
I'm afraid I came off as an edgelord and that wasn't my intent, pls someone give me some guidance
>>
>>17000986
No advice OP, but I feel the same way
>>
>>17001132
You didn't come off as an edgelord, but you did come off as someone who has mental health issues and as someone who really needs to get help.

Yes, some people are absolute shit. But you can't focus so much energy onto them. Unfortunately you are in a situation in which you do have to deal with them, but it's up to you to find out ways to get out of these situations. No matter how shitty people can get, you need to learn to pull yourself away from them.
>>
>>17001216
I've thought about therapy but I reflexively lie way too much for it to actually be effective. I'm just kinda hoping I learn to deal with this shit at some point and become less reliant on alcohol to get over everything, idk.

Yeah you're also totally right, I've kinda just been tuning out their existences but at times that becomes impossible. I guess I'll just work on it more

>>17001154

Its really comforting to know I'm not alone, thanks.
>>
>>17000986
>>17001154
>>17001402

Word? You guys think Wendy's customers are the cream of society too?
>>
Same here OP in both symptom and attitude toward it.

I don't think I have a fear of intimacy though, I just don't desire it.
>>
>>17000986
I can relate OP, but thats why I could never work at a place like starbucks. I do better working in bars where the people are also horrible, but in a way I can tolerate a little better
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.