[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>straight A student for my whole life >work my ass off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: help.gif (456 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
456 KB, 480x361
>straight A student for my whole life
>work my ass off in high school
>5th in a class of 400
>get into honors program at a pretty good NYS university
>in the middle of 6th semester of college
>suddenly can't bring myself to focus on my schoolwork
>straight up didn't hand in an assignment earlier in the semester because idgaf
>only worth 5%
>whatever
>due date finally comes
>panicking like mad
>realize i have a fucking problem
>ashamed at what I did
>apologize profusely to professor
>"I don't know what happened, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish up the assignment. This has never happened to me. I have a 3.95 GPA."
>she's understably confused, but she accepts what i said and is super encouraging about me getting my shit together
>i honorably accept the 0% on the rough draft
>sign up to get free counseling provided by my university
>talk to counselor about finding a healthy balance in my life
>for a few days, i actually believe that i've found the resolve to get my shit together
>get outstanding feedback on final version of that paper
>ace next couple of assessments for classes
>spring break
>do absolutely nothing again
>another rough draft due for another class that's worth 5% of my grade
>haven't done shit
>due in about 20 hours
>already contemplating just not doing it in favor of watching TV and getting a good night's sleep instead

What the fuck is wrong with me, /adv/?
I feel like my discipline has completely degraded. I can barely bring myself to do the things that I have to do anymore. I'm completely disinterested in everything that relates to school and my future as a member of the workforce. My friends and peers are all constantly applying to exciting internships and programs, and I've just decided to take a summer class and work at my shitty old desk job at home to avoid having to exert any effort searching for a better opportunity.

I'm scared that this will get out of control. What should I do to start getting my shit together?
>>
This happened to me when I turned 17 and I never recovered.

Good luck :)
>>
>>17000918
I find getting myself incredibly pissed off helps me bang out assignments quickly.
>>
You sound depressed. Talk to a therapist.
>>
File: embarassment.png (175 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
embarassment.png
175 KB, 500x487
I think it's worth mentioning that the paper that I'm supposed to be doing right now is not for the same class as the initial paper in the green text. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of the same professor twice, especially after promising her that I'd get my act together.

I'd also like to clarify that I'm not asking about the stupid 0 or low grade that I'm going to get on tomorrow's paper. I'm asking about what I should do for my life in general. The procrastination/apathy is just a symptom of what could become a much bigger problem for me.
>>
>>17000940
Are you unhappy with how your life turned out?
>>
>>17000954

yes
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.