[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I take classes for engineering as a computer science major?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Can I take classes for engineering as a computer science major?

I may be accepted into a great school as a CS major because I lack a course requisite in time for engineering

This means if I attend the school for CS I'll have to wait until I have about 27-30 credits before major transferral

I'm a freshman now, to be a sophomore.

I can go to another school with an engineering major already, however this other school is literally like ten times better.

I can wait a year sure, but I really don't want to. I can't stand it where I'm at anymore, I have nothing in common with most of the people and am an outsider to the culture.

What do?

Pic related, me right now
>>
Bump

Didn't wanna ask /sci/ cause they'd just send me here
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>
>>17000509
I was in your situation, basically there are several branches of engineering, but they all generally need the same year 1 and 2 courses, check the model programs for what you want to get in and see which ones you can take. You will probably be able to take calc 1 and 2, physics 1 and 2, chemistry, linear algebra, statistics, english, an arts class or two. You honestly shouldn't have a problem filling a year with eng prereq's if you look hard enough at what you can take.
>>
>>17001985
In addition, some eng courses might have non-eng equivalents you can take, look for those and you will be able to claim credit
>>
This is a question for your academic advisor, not a cambodian fetishist forum.
>>
>>17001997
Ask the eng advisors, not the first year or CS advisors, also, don't take their word as law, double check online. A couple of my friends got seriously fucked over when they listened to their first year advisor. Meant they basically added another year onto their degree
>>
If you want to take engineering classes why not change your major to computer engineering? The e word has a lot of weight when it comes to work
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.