[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go back in time, /adv/? I'm 18 but I feel so old,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: childhood-days.jpg (33 KB, 555x347) Image search: [Google]
childhood-days.jpg
33 KB, 555x347
How do I go back in time, /adv/? I'm 18 but I feel so old, like the best years of my life are already over. I just want to go back to my childhood days where life was easy and there were no worries or hard decisions to make...

So yeah, any CERN employees here? Pls tell me how to go back in time thx
>>
Oh buddy, just wait till you're in your 30s.
>>
>>17000267
life hasnt BEGUN to fuck to fuck with you yet...
>>
>>17000267
You can't physically do it, but you can find someone into age play and get treated like a small child. Though, unless that's your fetish you'll likely find the very idea disturbing as all hell.
>>
>>17000267
Can't. Laws of thermodynamics, etc.
>>
>>17000277
That's encouraging...

>>17000286
Meh. I want to go back to MY childhood though, not just pretend to be a kid.
>>
>>17000267
What's so great about your childhood that you prefer it over now? Most people (including me) tend to only remember the good things about the past so it always seems better. In reality there's a bunch of stuff you can do now that you couldn't as a kid.

Once you get a job you can live alone, stay up late, eat whatever you want, do whatever you want, etc. Not to mention its much more satisfying to take care of yourself. Look at the positive in your current life rather than dwelling on th e past.
>>
>>17000558
You're probably right. I know I'm looking at the past through pink glasses. I need to learn how to live in the present :/
>>
File: 1359232285140s.jpg (4 KB, 125x92) Image search: [Google]
1359232285140s.jpg
4 KB, 125x92
>>17000267
>any CERN employees here?
Yes, but I'm in particle physics. I think the guys who have an office next door to mine might be in the time travel department - it would certainly explain why they keep dissapearing for hours on end but somehow manage to go home before I do.

>Pls tell me how to go back in time thx
Well, it's theoretically possible, assuming that spacetime does actually work the way we think it does. The challenge is that you need either an infinite amount of energy, or an infinitely long structure, both of which are tricky to come by.
>>
>>17000558
>Once you get a job you can live alone, stay up late, eat whatever you want, do whatever you want, etc.

what? what kind of job do you have? lol
my adult life is depressing as fuck compared to my childhood, i was genuinely happy back then now its all responsibilities
>>
>>17000267
Dude you haven't even touched your best years yet. You aren't an adult, just a grown up kid.

My mid-20's were the best time of my life. You finally get to take things in your own hands and have your own life, not one shaped by your parents or "getting caught" - unless you break the law a lot, I guess.

There are some drawbacks, paying rent sucks, real work can suck sometime.

I suggest going to school, get a degree, pick a city you want to move to and move there. It's lifechanging and extremely fulfilling.
>>
>>17000906
True, life sure can be a downer. Id never go back though. If i wanted pogs back then id be doing chores for a week just for $5 worth. If i wanted pogs today (assuming they still existed) i could just go get some and drop $500 on it without batting an eye and no one to question me. As great as my younger years were being carefree and no real responsibility id never go back.
>>
>>17000939
Yeah, at the moment I'm still living with my parents in a city I hate and going to college for a degree I have no interest in, so maybe that's why I'm feeling like this.

Honestly from what I remember I didn't even enjoy my childhood that much, I was always stressed and anxious as fuck about the smallest things. I remember throwing up before going to school because I had to do a presentation lol. And my mom was overprotective and never let me hang out with friends.

I guess I feel like if my current self was put into the situations from my childhood I'd be able to do everything much better, and that's probably why I want to go back so much.
>>
>>17000267
Good stein's gate reference OP, still can't help you though.
>>
>>17000267
>18
>best years of my life are over

You're retarded if you think having no money and no freedom is the 'best years of your life'
>>
>>17000267

hard decisions are fun.

the great thing about being an adult in 2016 is you can do all the stuff you liked as a kid, and then some.

frankly i couldnt go back to living with my parents let alone being a kid again.
>>
>>17001187
I don't care about money. Freedom.. well, I don't really have it now, either. But back then, everything was new and exciting, and I could do stupid shit and not be looked down upon, and there were less expectations of me, etc.

>>17001196
Sure they are, when they don't directly affect you. And I can't do everything I did as a kid now.. I can't go back to the same town I lived in, I can't go to the same school, I can't see the faces of the same classmates.
>>
>>17001258

yes, you technically cant do the EXACT same shit and live the exact same life.

but you can do all the things you enjoyed as a kid but as an adult. i do.

>sure they are when they dont directly affect you

they're still fun, just in a serious way. when we were kids all we dreamed about was growing up and going on these big adventures and making hard choices to prove how adult we were. now we get to do that. were living thedream.
>>
>>17001265
Well, I kinda do want to do the EXACT same shit :/ I'm feeling nostalgic as fuck here mate.

And dunno, I never dreamed of going on big adventures or making hard choices. I was too stressed and busy with studying to have time to think about that.
>>
>>17001314

i preferred watching the more serious childrens shows that focused on growing up and life and such, so now that im growing up and experiencing those learning lessons and such on my own i find it all fun and interesting.

i liked small moments form childhood but honestly being an adult has been way less stressful than being a kid.
>>
It's more to do with the culture we live in than our age I think.
If one used slave-tier African wages to connect a random point of the Sahara to the ocean via an underground tunnel, causing large amounts of seawater to flow into a big deep pit which used geothermal energy to cause evaporation to purify the water and in turn create cloud and thus rainfall in a large area so then that area could sustain soils and eventually an orchard, you'd have created a really fun place to live.
The climate and abundance of food would mean that no one would have any responsibilities.

Hell, if it could be proved that such an idea would actually work, think a Kickstarter for it could take off?
Ignoring the costs of land and equipment, it should cost roughly a million dollars for the tunnel. The pit would be a bit trickier to dig since it would be literally boiling hot at the bottom, and if you had seawater evaporating in midair angel-falls-but-hotter style it would presumably create a growing pile of salt at the bottom that would need to be dealt with.
>>
>>17001361

but woldnt we all just die wehn cloverzilla got tired of our shit and started fucking things up again?
>>
>>17001374
Cloverzilla?
>>
>>17000267
I'm turning 32 this year, your best years are honestly right now.

If your a guy, do yourself a favor and disregard any notion of trying to get any girl who doesn't like you the same way. Wish someone would have told me
>>
File: 1427513299281.jpg (93 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427513299281.jpg
93 KB, 640x480
>>17001389

clover field and godzilla had a baby anon. you're so ignorant i sometimes i swear.

but its why i suck your dick
>>
>>17000906
I'm not saying it's without its consequences. My main point was that he is his own man now. He is the one able to make the decision whether it's worth staying up late or not, not his parents.

My other point is that he should be focusing on the pros of being an adult, not the cons. Idk his exact life so I just gave some arbitrary examples.
>>
>>17001351
Yeah, DESU it is kinda less stressful.. dunno, maybe I just need to make my life less bland and then I won't want to go back to my childhood.

>>17001361
Is that your idea for a utopia or something? I doubt that would work, it wouldn't be enough to sustain all humans on the planet and if that's the case, someone would get jelly and declare war on this new nation or whatever.

Besides, that's not really what I want. I mean it would be cool to not have any responsibilities but it's not the same as reliving my childhood.

>>17001403
I'm not trying to get a GF, honestly. I don't think I would enjoy having one, it's probably more of a pain than it is a pleasure. But I really hope these aren't the best years of my life.. I just feel so stifled, and everything seems meaningless.
>>
>>17001411

i think so. i think the biggest problem is adults finally have the freedom to do what they wanted as kids, and often times the money, but they dont because thats not what adults do.

if you wanna sit down and play video games all day saturday, do it. if you wanna play with some action figures, do it. if you want to get a bunch of guys together and just go play tag, just call it 'man hunt' and do it. go play lasertag. go to an arcade. people act like being adult means you cant play anymore.

fuck haters.
>>
>>17000882
no that's bullshit, if you could go back to any point in time you could kill your father before you were born, meaning you wouldn't exist to kill your father, it's a paradox
>>
>>17001411
I guess corrupt politicians trying to take the place over would be a concern, but it'd be a nightmare trying to take the place over if lots of people were armed. Though that'd cause its own problems...
And it wouldn't be a utopia for the entire human race, a few million dollars of landscaping won't cover that. But it certainly could be sufficient for a huge number of people.

I suppose it's not the same as reliving your childhood in terms of cool discoveries and stuff, but it certainly would be fascinating seeing a place use enormous labour force to explore underground and landscape overground.
>>
>>17001417
Well, I do play video games a lot, and I have anime figurines lol. But if I want to move to another city, and my parents don't want me to, should I still do it? It's not like I can, because I'd need money.

>>17001438
Well, I'm too pessimistic to think something like this would work. It would be cool, but I probably wouldn't even want to live there.. utopia for me is to win the lottery and live in a big city without having to work.
>>
>>17001459

well you still gotta do the adult things like, you know, have a job.
>>
>>17001506
I despise the idea of a 9 to 5.. My life would be even more miserable if I had to spend that much time doing something I hate.
>>
>>17001541

i manage an office for a psychic so i kidna love my job
>>
>>17000267
Lol dude you're 18 life hasn't even BEGUN to fuck with you yet

My advice? Get over it because you've got a long haul ahead of you
>>
>>17001638
Well, I don't think I can enjoy doing anything when I'm required to do it (I.E. need to work because I need money to survive). Then again I've never tried so how the fuck would I know.

>>17001661
How the fuck do I get over it? I can't accept this shit.
>>
>>17001762

yeah sounds like you got a little growing up to do before you can be a kid again.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.