[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I pissed off an instructor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: lays-lightly-salted.png (200 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
lays-lightly-salted.png
200 KB, 334x483
This class is a smaller sized lecture hall, about 80-90 people. I recently started bringing my laptop to class because most of the class is bringing theirs. I've seen several people with headphones in flat out watching Netflix during his lecture, and he had never said anything.
Usually I would work on an assignment from another class, because his lectures are extremely slow and it's hard for me to just focus on what he's saying without me doing something else in the background. Yesterday I didn't have anything to do so I was just on my laptop (in the very back, with sound muted), just on the web browser.

He then stops the entire lecture, walks over to me and slams my laptop down and then got in my face and told me to leave if I wanted to watch videos in his class and that he doesn't want me there. I don't know why he thought I was watching a video, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
About 5 minutes after he started his lecture back, he was transitioning to a new topic of his lecture and he asks if everybody understood the material he covered. He then points at me and says I obviously don't because I was watching a video.

Since the class was pretty large, I've heard random people talking about it around campus. I ended up sending him an email apologizing for disrespecting him and that it wasn't my intention, but I am afraid he is going to fuck with my grades now. The weird thing is that he didn't make the other 30-40 people put up their laptops.

I don't know if I need to do anything. Should I be worried about him targeting me?
>>
1. He has no right to slam your laptop down.

2. It's clear he has something against you
>>
Professor sounds like a narcissistic dick. Fuck that guy.
>>
I'd start documenting his behaviour right away. Just for your own sake if you believe you will be treated unfairly. Documentation will help you deal with authorities/administration later.
>>
>>17000533
this
>>
>>17000522
I don't know what I could've done. My grades in his class are poor (low c), but I haven't done anything aside from this to have made him angry.

Tomorrow he will be giving tests back (he it does it himself), I will definitely have my phone recording.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.