[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure I want to be a nurse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm old and poor as fuck. Started to get my life together very late and that's an ongoing process. Currently work as nursing assistant in old folk's home and enjoy it a lot, so kinda thought nursing would be a logical next step. Made it through a lot of prereqs but this semester dropped anatomy because it was fucking ridiculous with work and everything else going on (like sometimes severe depression). I'm wondering if maybe I'm too lazy for school. It's kinda rough having things to do 7 days a week. Work, school, work, work, school.

And A&P is rough as fuck, but prof keeps saying if you can't handle this you're not going to be a nurse.

Wondering if maybe I could be an accountant or hospital chaplain or librarian or something. Maybe just become a nun?

Anyway it's time to register for classes and I feel lost as always.
>>
>>16999975
Nuns are female though
>>
Bump guys this is my life :(
>>
>>17000142
Lol I am female.
>>
>>17000142
> Rekt.
>>
My mom's a nurse and Nursing is stressful as fuck OP. I wouldn't want to do it with depression.
>>
Anatomy and Physiology gets easier with more practice. You learn a LOT just reading surgical reports and H&P's.
>>
>>16999975
>become a nun

What a nice way to waste your life and be a parasite to the society.
>>
>>17000168
Feel like I should specify. I'd be a Buddhist nun, likely in Theravada tradition.

>>17000163
We'll see. In probably trying again in the fall but really nervous :(

Not sure I have the discipline to study so much. Prof I dropped out of was telling us we needed to study 20 hours a week minimum to do well and that is not happening for one class.

>>17000160
Yes. There are so many different kinds of nursing jobs though. I'm really interested in nutrition and was hoping maybe I could work under a dietician or something? Nutritional nurses are things. Maybe I should just try to become a dietician but that's more schooling and I'm already 28. Need to start making a living wage soon lol :(
>>
In school I have a bunch of random credits in stuff like psychology, philosophy, religious studies, and literature. This is the stuff I'm actually drawn to but don't know how to make a life that way. I don't want to teach or anything.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.