[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to forcefully give myself amnesia or forget everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1438802181458.jpg (7 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
1438802181458.jpg
7 KB, 295x200
Is there a way to forcefully give myself amnesia or forget everyone I know?
>>
>>16999901
You'd become a vegetable, your experiences shape who you are.
>>
>>16999915
Without becoming an inanimate object*
>>
>>16999901
Tell someone to hit you in the head with a bat. There's a risk of possible death though.
>>
>>16999923
Even the tiniest things change your outlook in life/the way you experience life, you wouldn't be "you" anymore.
>>
>>16999901

why tho?
>>
>>16999960
I wish to forget about everyone.
>>
>>17000062

why tho?
>>
>>17000072
Because it'd be better that way. Not to be a bother to them
>>
>>17000118

what you are asking is how to erase their memories, not your own.

that being said the next best thing is just moving and starting over somewhere else. you dont need to forget them to leave them behind
>>
Not possible, unless you try to hit your brain.

Let's think of another solution here, why would you want to forget everyone ?
>>
>>17000176
I'm thinking of moving out once I finish my course. I've always planned to. Though for many years now I've always had the thought of leaving everything behind and moving away for some reason.

>>17000182
I wish to remove the people from my life who despite me caring for them, have only caused me pain and sorrow.
>>
>>16999901
There are ways but they will have serious repercussions the brain is not an organ to fuck with
>>
>>16999901
Listen up quads, escapists mentality is toxic.
>>
Stop talking to em. Get rid of things that remind you of them. It'll do the trick eventually no matter who it is.
>>
>>16999901
Not reliably. The brain is a resilient organ, much better to repair itself or route around damage than it has traditionally been given credit for. Permanently deleting memories requires you to fuck it up pretty badly. Not only is that dangerous, it isn't even reliable: you don't want to risk the chances of being permanently disabled without even losing the memories you were hoping to erase.

>>17000118
>Because it'd be better that way. Not to be a bother to them
Ah, so this is a proxy for suicide, then. Same rules apply as for suicidal ideation, then because that's basically what you are experiencing. I am sorry to hear you're hurting, OP, but you need help. More than we're trained to give, in fact. Please, speak to a therapist.
>>
>>16999901
Get busier. Super busy. Work every day of the week and spend all your free time at the gym. Only really care about making as much money as possible and getting as buff as possible.

Easy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.