[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worrying to think that suicide would relieve me from all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hm.jpg (19 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
19 KB, 543x405
Is it worrying to think that suicide would relieve me from all the worries and circumstances I'm in, even though I'm pretty sure I won't end up doing it due to either a lack of courage or morals, or both?

The last 2 years throughout have been one of the worst periods of my life, physically and mentally. As a result of that, I've severely lagged on looking after my own health and passions I used to pursue. When things start welling up inside, this random thought of suicide just pops in. I've never tried to talk to anyone about this because I feel like I'm fishing for attention, due that internal belief that I won't do it, gives me the impression that I'm not serious. The problem is though, I feel like I shouldn't be having that thought in the first place. Should I do something about this, or am I just overthinking it?
>>
>>16999811
I have recently learned from trained professionals that suicide thoughts are not really that uncommon. On the contrary, a lot of people goes through this, but doesn't speak up because of the taboo associated with it.
So I just wanted to tell you, that what you are experiencing isn't just you "fishing for attention".
I'm glad to hear that you are convinced that you are not going to go through with it. Nevertheless, I would try talking about this with someone you trust. Do you have any friends or family that has suffered from depression or anxiety? I think you'll find these people have a lot of insights into what you are experiencing, even if you don't have any of these disorders.

>TL;DR: You are absolutely not an attention whore, so take yourself seriously.
>Suicide thoughts are not as uncommon as you might think.
>>
>>16999811

is it worrying? no. you are technically correct, but you are just being dumb. if you are REALLY dumb, thats worrying, but everyone has these thoughts here and there. suicide isnt a foreign concept anymore. its something that we hear about everyday. so our minds naturally wander to it for various reasons.

in regards to your feelings, you have to realize that you dont have to tack on 'suicide' for feelings to be valid. people seem to think that if they dont use the word 'depressed' or 'suicide' that they arent feeling anything important enough to address.

sit down and make a list of all the things that make you sad. can the problem be solved? is the problem real? a lot of problems can be solved simply by letting it go. friend being a cunt? not your friend anymore. that girl being unresponsive? dont give her anything to respond to. dad a twat? dont talk to him.

if you absolutely cannot talk to a friend about it, go talk to a therapist.
>>
>>16999865
Makes sense, I'll try to talk to a friend of mine.

>>16999870
That's why I hesitate to talk about this and tell people that I'm depressed, I hate self-diagnosing. But the thing is, I lost my mother to cancer last year, and everything changed from that point onward and extending further back to the day she was diagnosed. After a whole year losing track of life, I'm trying to get things back on track now, but every now and then when I get overwhelmed, this thought pops up, and it just made me wonder if it's normal to get this. But now I understand what you guys are saying, I will talk to a friend about this.
>>
>>16999961

good. and remember you dont have to open with 'im depressed' or 'i hate my life'. or anything like that.

you can just call up your best friend and say 'hey man, ive been having a hard time lately, can we just hang out and talk?' either go for drinks or stay in and play some video games and just work it out.

people act like talking about feelings is so wrong and not masculine, but traditionally, its actually really masculine to have two buds just talking about life. once you do so you realize the problems arent so bad, which problems you can get out, etc.

the problem its become us whining without intent to fix to anyone who will listen, and its caused a big backlash and now no man wants to talk about it all
>>
I had to debate seat-belt laws once. Most people wear them, but there were a few people who said "it's my life i do what I want" and didn't want to wear seat-belts.

It's true that it's your life to lose, if you wish, but you don't own the road. You have to share the road with other drivers.

I argued, what if your daughter was in an accident. Playing with the cd player, not paying attention to the road, and she killed someone, because they weren't wearing a seat-belt. Their body flies through the windshield and lands face first in her windshield. And with their dying breath the called her a stupid cunt.

Most people agreed that they wouldn't want that to happen to their daughter. Others just said, i'm never having a daughter.

So what about boys? If your son was driving, and a stupid girl who wasn't wearing her seatbelt ran into him in a head-on collision, and she went flying through the windshield, how would that affect your son?

This brought them around, and they wear seat-belts now. Not because seat-belts save lives, but because seat-belts stop people's feelings from being hurt.

What i'm saying is... suicide is a private thing. You don't do it in public, or where there are other people. Nobody cares if you don't wear a seat-belt when your car is in the woods.
Not wearing a seat-belt can affect the resale value of your home, so that hurts feelings of a complete stranger, even if you don't have any friends.

But most importantly, whatever you do always wear your seat-belt at school, or in crowded movie theaters. Don't take off other people's seat-belts with you.
>>
>>16999811
Wow, this sounds exactly like something I would say right now. I myself have been putting off asking for help. I've been trying to be an independent person lately and make it seem like my life is put together but I've really been having a hard time. The responses on here are pretty good for the most part. Hopefully I don't pussy out and actually take some of this advice.
>>
Increased stress which brought suicidal thoughts got me kicked out of boot camp.

Now I'm hating life twice as much as before because I have no career plans and now I really want to kill myself LOL

I fucked up.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.