[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a first date planned. She canceled, citing learning she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I had a first date planned.

She canceled, citing learning she has herpes -> not wanting to infect me.

Is herpes even a big deal? Don't I probably already carry it? Please /med/ me so I can decide whether she's doing me a favor
>>
she was lying

No girl would admit to having herpes; they're too vain.
>>
A cold sore maybe? Legit excuse but not many would be so forthcoming.
>>
>>16999684

1/5 people in america have herpes.

of those people only 1/5 ever show.

of those who show, many only ever get around 3 out breaks in their life.

hardcore people get em once a year, but with medication they are shorter, not as extreme, and not as contagious.

the question now becomes, do you really want to risk getting a lifetime disease for a girl you never even had a first date with?
>>
I got herpes from my last ex. Had an outbreak that got infected, meaning i had an infected sore on my dick and I couldn't move my foreskin back without being in burning pain. Couldn't have sex for about 3 weeks while it healed, got a cream. Started taking Lysine after that since I read a lot of researches citing that it reduces the amount of outbreaks.

Honestly, other than that first outbreak I couldn't care less other than the fact future partners would be freaked out. It's a skin condition, the worst that happens is you get a sore or two from time to time with some itching and you don't have sex till it goes away (less than a week if you dont touch that shit).

Use a condom, dont go down on her when she has visible signs. There is always a risk of infecting someone, even with a condom since it's transferred through skin cells and not necesarlly direct contact.

But I have to agree with >>16999688
and >>16999692 most people wouldn't outright say that stuff before a first date. I havn't told the girls I've slept with in the past months but always use a condom now. If I'd get serious with a girl I'd bring it up and discuss how we want to handle it. You can always do a blood test once you are together to see if you allready carry the virus.
>>
>>16999743

it sounded like she just found out she had herpes, which is why she cancelled. even if she has a positive outlook eventually, the first few days are crushing.

i thought i had herpes and it was devastating.

also yeah, condoms only have a 41% protection rate with herpes i hear
>>
>>16999758
i had a bit of a crisis aswell when i found out, but honestly its no big deal. if you like her, tell her you understand she might be freaked but you're not scared away by it

as for the protection rate, i dont really care about that. I'm taking my responsibility by using a condom to reduce the risk, i'm not going to tell every girl i sleep with that i have herpes if it might just be a one time thing

if i'm actually into the girl i'd probably tell them.
>>
That was probably her way of getting out of the date and you possibly never asking her out again. She wanted to gross you out.
>>
>>16999790

anyone got the screencap of the missed connection about the guy who went on a date with a girl and she ended up shitting herself and he was trying to reassure her its okay and he still liked her and wanted to take her out again.

but then it ends with "though if you shit yourself to get out of the date.... touche'

or something to that effect
>>
>>16999769
I went with your advice and it looks like the date is back on. It can't hurt even if I decide I can't deal after all. Thanks
>>
>>16999684
>I had a first date planned.
>She canceled, citing learning she has herpes -> not wanting to infect me.

Man, sounds like she had a killer first date planned too. Bummer!
>>
>>16999684

There are two strands of herpes and two primary locations for herpes:

Type 1 and Type 2. All that you really need to know is that getting one makes you slightly less likely to get the other, but that you can get both.

As for the locations:

It's estimated anywhere from 50 to 80% of the adult population has/or will have herpes of the mouth (also known as Oral Herpes/Cold Sores.).

1/4 to 1/5 of the population has Genital Herpes.

It is possible to get herpes in both locations, and be infected with two different strands.

The reason why Condoms don't protect you very well against herpes is because of the way it's transmitted.

It is transmitted through direct contact with infected skin, however, the area for potential infected areas is MUCH larger than the area that a condom covers. A condom only covers a part of your shaft, but herpes can also infect the areas AROUND your shaft that are not protected.

Herpes goes through phases of being active, and dormant. While it's dormant it's harmless and non contagious. While it's active, that's USUALLY when you get sores and blisters (refered to as an outbreak), and those are highly contagious. However, those are not always there, so you may still be contagious with no symptoms.

The first year usually has the most re-occurrences, after that for some it happens every few weeks, some months, some years. Different people also have different things that trigger it. Some people never notice an out break after the first time, some people never notice it AT ALL.
>>
The stigma is the worst part. It's not the worst thing ever and there are measure to prevent it. If she just found out she had it she's probably having an outbreak now since I believe that's the only time you can be properly tested
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.